Assistant / Associate General Counsel
Company: Moss & Associates (Construction)
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Moss is a national privately held construction firm providing
innovative solutions resulting in award-winning projects. With
regional offices across the United States, Moss focuses on
construction management at-risk, design-build and public-private
partnerships. The company's diverse portfolio encompasses a wide
range of sectors, including luxury high-rise residential, landmark
mixed-use developments, hospitality, primary and higher education,
justice and solar energy. Moss prides itself on a strong
entrepreneurial culture that honors safety, quality, client
engagement and employee development. Its employees consistently
rank Moss as one of the best places to work.
POSITION SCOPE AND ORGANIZATIONAL IMPACT:
The Assistant/Associate General Counsel supports and reports to the
General Counsel. The expectation is that the Assistant/Associate
General Counsel will develop into the primary legal officer for the
Solar business unit and will become a member of the Solar
Primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide legal advice in connection with managing and executing
engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) agreements and
related activities; includes legal advice to project execution
teams related to contract risk management, customer claims, change
orders, and dispute management support during execution of
- Support development of forms for EPC, and subcontracts as
required by commercial teams.
- Support bids and RFPs.
- Advise solar business unit in connection with negotiating
subcontracts and flow down of terms and conditions in prime
- Identify appropriate subject matter experts, and retain and
manage outside counsel, as appropriate.
- Provide support for labor and employment issues.
- Provide legal and risk management advice as a part of the Solar
senior management team
- Identify and resolve legal issues quickly and practically while
integrating legal, compliance and business objectives; function as
trusted advisor to the business.
- Responsible for negotiating prime contracts and Subcontractor
Agreements; Supply Agreements; Licenses and Easements; etc.
- Provide general contractual support and advice on contracts;
advising on aspects of commercial and contractual risks on project
execution to comply with corporate objectives and legal
- Provide counsel to management and project teams on matters of
law and policy, direct outside counsel on projects, and monitor and
advise management and project teams of legal developments and
trends including changes in the law, administrative decision, and
- Counsel management on labor and employment issues.
- Develop, or assist in the development, as appropriate, of 1)
contract risk management policies & procedures and 2) form
- Provide training at various job sites to site associates as
well as to project management team in risk management, negotiation
skills and contract interpretation as necessary.
- Manage outside counsel, as necessary.
- Travel, as necessary
- J.D.; admitted and in good standing to practice law in at least
one U.S. jurisdiction.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant legal experience, handling
contracts within an EPC environment, in private practice or as
- Demonstrates good business judgment and decision-making
ability; supports intelligent risk taking
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and
prioritize competing tasks
- Ability to identify problems, prioritize risks, conduct
analysis independently and in collaboration with others, and
- Proven ability to provide clear and concise legal counsel in a
context of deep business acumen
- Capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure, and the
composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests.
- The ability to interact with others effectively within the
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and adapt
quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to influence others and to gain support for his/her
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong commitment to integrity and professionalism, and passion
Education and Work Experience:
Job title: Assistant / Associate General Counsel - SOLAR
Job location: Corporate Office / Fort Lauderdale, FL
Classifications: Regular Full-Time Employee
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Moss & Associates (Construction), Fort Lauderdale , Assistant / Associate General Counsel, Legal , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!