Trial Attorney Florida PIP
Company: United Services Automobile Association
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Florida PIP Trial Attorney's for
our Tampa Florida and Plantation/Fort Lauderdale USAA location.
In this position you will provide legal representation to USAA
members, insured clients and USAA entities in all phases of civil
litigation and legal proceedings pertaining to covered losses.
Exercises independent legal discretion and judgment to fully defend
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Defends simple to moderate insurance defense cases through
arbitration, trial, and possible appeal for clients on cases
assigned. May handle and/or assist with complex litigation
- Appears in court as required, including arbitrations, trials
- Provides legal advice, develops and implements legal strategy
and ongoing budget projections to Claims Litigation, and clients,
as appropriate on assigned cases.
- Proactively identifies and manages existing and emerging risks.
Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures.
- Prepares legal pleadings, motions, statements, memoranda, trial
briefs and other legal documents on assigned cases. Takes and
- Conducts direct settlement negotiations with plaintiffs'
- Stays current on all relevant statutes, case law, office and
trial-related technology. Attends courses as assigned to maintain
appropriate skill sets for trial.
- Provides training to support staff, P&C Claims and Claims
Litigation regarding changes in law, litigation and/or and other
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school.
- Juris Doctor degree from an American Bar Association (ABA)
accredited law school required.
- 6 years of experience practicing law handling personal injury
or civil litigation or trial cases.
- Licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction(s) served.
- Experience practicing law in the court systems within the
geographic area being served.
- Ability to perform online legal research.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Florida Personal Injury Protection
- 5 or more years of experience handing Florida Personal Injury
- 3 or more years of experience responding to Florida Pre suit
- 2 or more years of experience triaging Florida Pre suit
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000
*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied
based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: United Services Automobile Association, Fort Lauderdale , Trial Attorney Florida PIP, Legal , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!