Software Engineer, Virtasant (Remote) - $80,000/year USD
Company: Crossover for Work
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Crossover is the worlds #1 source of full-time remote jobs. Our
clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. Were recruiting
this role for our client, Virtasant. Have you got what it
Do you wonder why engineering organizations make cost-driven
decisions and miss out on the most advanced technologies? Are you a
passionate learner who loves to pick up new products, programming
languages, and technologies? Virtasant is looking for
high-performing software engineers like you who are eager to launch
their careers to the next level. At our company there is no limit
to making the best technical decisions. You wont be constrained by
legacy design or budget considerations. As a part of our feature
team, you will have the chance to work with all the latest
technologies in cloud infrastructure. You will continue to learn
and improve like nowhere else, as you push the boundaries of new
What You Will Be Doing
- Writing production-ready feature code.
- Building directly on top of Cloud, utilizing the full power and
range of the platform to generate simple solutions that are easy to
- Writing tests to ensure we deliver high-quality production
What You Won't Be Doing
- Fixing bug defects. We deliver every pull request straight to
production with extensive automated testing and qualified code
- Wasting your time in meetings and administrative tasks: We have
automated most of the overhead so that your day can be centered
around the thing you love most: coding.
Software Engineer Key Responsibilities
- Building new product features and capabilities: You will be a
critical contributor in transforming our portfolio of 100+ products
to cloud-native applications.
- Learning different technologies, databases, and languages: We
want to lay an essential role in your growth towards becoming an
experienced senior developer.
- Delivering high-quality code while making quality improvements
to existing products.
- We hope you are as thrilled about your career outlook as we
- A university degree (BS, MS, or Ph.D.) that included an
in-depth study of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented
programming, computer architecture, and software engineering
- 5 years of experience as a Software Developer working with
- 2 years of Cloud tech experience working with AWS, GCP or
- Willingness to work overlapping at least 5 daily hours into US
EST Time zone
- Experience with any of the major Cloud platforms like AWS, GCP
or Azure. Devops experience being a strong plus.
- Willingness to take initiative and be proactive instead of
- Ability to coach and mentor junior developers.
Virtasant is a global cloud services provider with industry-leading
technology, capabilities, and people. Weve been working in the
cloud, testing the limits of its capabilities, since the start. We
transform, build, and optimize customers digital experience in the
cloud every day, helping companies make the most of the clouds
native capabilities. To achieve this, weve built one of the worlds
largest fully remote organizations.
To maintain the high quality of services that Virtasant is
offering, we give all our employees a chance of attaining official
cloud certification which helps them develop and grow themselves
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is
limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and
want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The
position is immediately available and requires entering into an
independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation
level for this role is $40 USD/hour, which equates to $80,000
USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The
payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs
for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced,
online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online
"screening" assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related
skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from
Crossover.com, mark as "Not Spam" since you will receive other
emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on
the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as
your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you
have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting
https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already
applied using LinkedIn EasyApply. Crossover Job Code:
Keywords: Crossover for Work, Fort Lauderdale , Software Engineer, Virtasant (Remote) - $80,000/year USD, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!