Company: West Marine, Inc.
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: November 22, 2022
About West Marine
West Marine is committed to serving boaters better than anyone else
on the planet. We pride ourselves in delivering a Raving Fan
experience and for our Crew Members as well as our customers.
If you have a passion for being on the water and are looking to
join a world-class organization, then West Marine is the place for
you! West Marine is recognized as the premier multi-channel
retailer of boating and fishing supplies with more than 230 stores
located throughout 37 states and Puerto Rico. When you work at West
Marine, you're part of a family; one that values spending quality
time on the water, doing the things you love, and sharing that
passion with our customers and community.
The Payroll Specialist supports more than 2000 Crew Members
throughout the country and performs a variety of payroll and
personnel related tasks. This is a great position for someone who
has excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle
sensitive information confidentially. West Marine offers a fun,
fast-paced culture with opportunities for ongoing development and
career growth. If you are passionate about Payroll and want to be
part of an amazing team, this position is for you!
* Ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll.
* Monitor overall payroll process and escalate any system or
procedural issues to Payroll Manager.
* Garnishment processing.
* Timeliness of resolving payroll discrepancies and communication
to Crew Members and business partners.
* Provide excellent customer service
Education, Experience & Skills:
* 2 year degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance or related work
experience; CPP certification a plus
* 3+ years experience processing payroll for a multi-state
organization with minimum of 500 employees
* Experience with UKG Software or Windows based HRMS systems a
* Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in
* Ability to work as a team player across functional groups
* Advanced Word and Excel skills
* Solid knowledge of relevant payroll and human resource
legislation, policies, and regulations
* Outstanding organizational and time management skills
Keywords: West Marine, Inc., Fort Lauderdale , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!