Regional Director of Human Resources
Company: Performance Hospitality
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Performance Hospitality Management - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Description Company Overview: Performance Hospitality is a
lifestyle hotel management company committed to providing
outstanding service to our guests! We manage a variety of branded,
independent hotels in major US markets. We take pride in our
ability to deliver exceptional guest and associate experiences by
focusing on inspiring individuals through a thoughtful delivery of
self-expression hospitality. We believe that providing innovative,
cutting-edge practices, along with transparent communications, is a
fundamental part of our commitment. Purpose: The Regional--Director
of Human Resources will be responsible for overseeing our
properties--Human Resource departments, escalated employee/labor
relations, training and talent development, organizational
development and acquisition. This role is also responsible for
talent acquisition, training, compensation and benefit
administration, employee/labor relations, organizational
development and payroll as well as responding to internal and
external inquiries regarding benefits, employment, policies and
other HR-related issues and will also assist with recruitment, the
on-boarding process, employee relations, and overall administrative
support to the human resource function as needed. Essential
- Implement and sustain Human Resources initiatives at the
hotel--properties. Oversee the recruitment and retention process
for the property for both hourly and salaried team members. Develop
staffing strategy and manage the hiring process.
- Ensures fair hiring practices including consistent completion
of all new-hire paperwork. Develop, coordinate and conduct new hire
orientation for all new associates. Facilitate and conduct training
sessions for associates and management.
- Develop and implement performance appraisal and development
plan as well as the wage & salary administration and benefits.
Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all hotel
- Handle complex and emotional employee relations issues,
including terminations and exit interviews. Oversee and/or
facilitate performance reviews and termination processes as
- Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up
letters at the end of the recruiting process. Provides leadership
support and ensures effective team member relations, and serves as
a resource for performance management with hourly and salaried team
- Ensures fair and consistent application of federal, state and
local laws. Oversee payroll processing. Oversee and investigate all
employee relations and labor-related matters as they relate to
federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws,
including, but not limited to, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA,
Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, workers' compensation
and comparable state and local laws, and general human and civil
rights. Serve as member of the hotel's Executive Committee and work
closely with all EC members in supporting and achieving the hotel's
goals and objectives.
- Oversee work-related injuries and unemployment claims to ensure
completion of required paperwork and help minimize potential
liabilities. Maintain OSHA log in accordance with the act.
- Administer FMLA/LOA. Maintain employee HR files as required by
federal and state law.
- Oversee the planning and facilitation of benefit enrollments,
changes and terminations. Ensure that all required documents for
payroll and insurance providers ae processed to ensure accurate
record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Oversee the reconciliation of benefits statements. Conducts
audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends
- Create, develop, and implement training needs assessments,
programs and curriculums in collaboration with managers and
executive leadership team and other key stakeholders.
- Lead the design, implementation and enhancement of talent and
leadership programs and processes to address business challenges
and advance cultural and organizational growth.
- Implement, analyze and monitor programs to ensure revenue,
service goals, expenses, profits, budgets and internal/external
training and development obligations are met.
- Practice safety standards and report any unsafe conditions.
Will perform additional duties as requested by the Vice President
of Human Resources. Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Human
Resources, Business Administration or equivalent. A minimum of
seven (7) years related experience a must. Knowledge of employment
laws; experienced in automated payroll and timekeeping systems;
excellent interpersonal and communication skills; computer
proficiency including Microsoft Office. Experience in a hotel or
related industry required.--Experience with design of training
materials required, experience with design of e-learning programs
and learning management software (LMS) a plus. Benefits We Offer
- Your Voice Matters! Our unique Open Source culture gives you
the opportunity to impact our continuously evolving company.
- Explore our Hotels! Associates receive hotel and restaurant
discounts & perks at any of our properties (excluding your home
- Continued Leadership Education Program! We offer an ongoing
Performance Hospitality Leadership Series (PHLS, Weekly Webinars,
- Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout
- Exceptional benefits including elective Medical, Dental,
Vision, and Short-Term Disability coverage.
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance, AD&D, Long-term
Disability, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Celebrate You! Choose one (1) paid day of personal celebration
each year to use however you choose.
Keywords: Performance Hospitality, Fort Lauderdale , Regional Director of Human Resources, Human Resources , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!