Company: Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Description Summary
Supervises all Housekeeping employees, which include Room
Attendants, House Persons, Public Area Attendants and Pool
Attendants. Ensures that all guest areas are properly cleaned and
maintained to Hotel standards at all times. Accurately record room
checks and inspects all departures, vacant rooms and stay overs
daily. Ensures all public areas and outlets are maintained and
cleaned at all times, including pool area. Daily duties may vary
depending on shift. All supervisors are considered working
supervisors in which they are expected and required to clean any
area of the Hotel.
Principal duties and responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Key Job Functions
- Maintain and keep order on the guest floors at all times among
- Check occupied and checked out rooms, making sure that they are
- Check on all Room Attendants, House Persons, Public Area
Attendants and Laundry Attendants in their daily work, assist and
advise if they need help.
- Make sure that all elevator landings and corridors are kept
clean throughout the day and evening; make sure that all corridors
have been vacuumed daily before end of day.
- Confirm that rooms are updated by room attendants
calling/dialing in completed rooms for the Front Desk.
- Notify Housekeeping Manager/Lead Supervisor of any
irregularities in room status.
- Make sure that the end of the day report is completed correctly
and that all rooms are clear in the system.
- Generate and distribute room assignments to the Room
- Clean any guest rooms that are not covered by a Room
- Attend to any housekeeping related requests.
- Check and clean all public areas of the Hotel.
- Prepare and deliver rollaway beds, cribs and sofa beds as
- Prepare and inspect VIP rooms.
- Communicate with the laundry department regarding any linen
- Restock room attendant daily supplies as needed.
- Complete daily and monthly housekeeping supplies
- Ensure room attendants have all supplies and equipment needed
to complete their daily assignments.
- Ensure external and internal guests requests are fulfilled in
- Ensure communications between housekeeping and other
departments are maintained to ensure guests satisfaction
- Ensure productivity of housekeeping employees and to avoid
- Adheres to all Sonesta Safety and Sanitation Guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb
or balance; stoop, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or
hear. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 50
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee
occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate.
- Deliver Passionate & Engaging Service to our Guests
- You will be passionate and truly engaged in taking care of our
guests, recognizing individual guests and anticipating their unique
needs in order to exceed their expectations
- You will consistently deliver our GUEST model:
- Greet or welcome everyone, warmly with a smile
- Use eye and ear contact and guest's name
- Establish/anticipate needs
- Solve and own all requests/complaints
- Thank everyone
- Build solid relationship with your Colleagues
- Treat colleagues with respect and dignity.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee
is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to
assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained
in this job description.
Qualifications and Skills
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable
knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and
provide applicable examples to support his/her competency.
- Track record of delivering exceptional guest or client
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time
for training and safety purposes, and when interacting with guests
- Strong communication skills.
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to complete any cleaning task in a safe manner using
appropriate chemicals and methods.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two
to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Computer knowledge is helpful.
- Knowledge of a foreign language is preferred.
Additional Job Description
Welcome to Sonesta. These three simple words could open up a whole
new world to you. Each of the hotels and resorts in the Sonesta
Collection provides a unique experience unrivalled in the hotel
industry. Sprung from the classic hoteliers of the mid-20th
century, Sonesta enjoys a rich history celebrating nearly 80 years
in hospitality. We offer a diverse and distinctive portfolio of
nearly 60 properties across 3 continents, each providing an
authentic visit delightfully reflecting the culture and personality
of its destination.
We aspire to greet every Sonesta guest with a spirit of warmth and
welcome, proudly exceeding our guests' expectations. Those
aspirations extend deep into the heart of our hotels - right into
the lives of our employees. In fact, we consider ourselves more
than a hotel management company - we're a member of the communities
we serve. At our core, we celebrate the individuality of everyone
who walks through our doors. For our employees, that means we
ensure they develop the skills and tools they need to do their job
and exceed even their own expectations. We invite you to discover
what you have been missing at Sonesta. Join us - we can't wait to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local,
state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
The statements in this job description are intended to represent
the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not
intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
This position is classified as exempt and is not subject to
overtime in accordance with Federal and State Regulations. This job
description is subject to change at any time.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping
ensure the health and financial security of employees and their
families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account with Company Match
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Sonesta Hotel Discounts
- Educational Assistance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Various Employee Perks and Discounts
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full
application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete
applications received will not be considered.
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, Fort Lauderdale , Housekeeping Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!