Prep Cook, Fort Lauderdale Airport
Company: Delaware North
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: January 22, 2023
The Opportunity Delaware North Travel and Hospitality is hiring
full-time Prep Cooks to join our team at Fort Lauderdale Airport in
Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Minimum pay rate: $15.75 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at
At Delaware North, we care about our associates' professional and
personal wellbeing. We have a comprehensive benefits program
designed to give our associates the comfort, safety, and stability
they need to deliver exceptional service to our guests. All
associates are eligible for benefits including weekly pay, employee
assistance program, training and development, employee discounts,
and flexible work schedules. Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, and tuition
reimbursement are available for eligible associates.
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit
- Properly measures, portions, and prepares all food items.
Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies, and procedures.
- Retrieves from storage areas all items necessary for
- Maintains food, utensils, and equipment in a clean and orderly
- Labels, dates and wraps food products, adhering to ServSafe
- Performs opening, closing, and side work duties as instructed
and according to proper guidelines.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Follows all safety, security, and kitchen procedures.
- Communicate with the chef for any special
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Prior food preparation experience is preferred, but not
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets.
- Ability to use kitchen tools safely (knives and small equipment
- Ability to follow instructions. Physical Requirements
- Able to stand for long periods of time including bending,
lifting, reaching, and stretching.
- Able to lift 20 pounds or more.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Exposed to variable temperatures. Shift Details 1st Shift
Weekends Who We Are Delaware North provides hospitality services at
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. Travelers have a
wide variety of dining options including local favorite Casavana,
and an original concept developed with golf icon Jack Nicklaus, the
Golden Bear Grill. Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
serves more than 35 million passengers each year. Delaware North
has operated here since 1984. At Delaware North, you'll love where
you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's
in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic
hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your
career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in
a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you
have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our
vision and grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and
its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin,
age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or
any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, Fort Lauderdale , Prep Cook, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!