Customer Service Associate
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: November 24, 2022
As a Customer Service & Sales Associate, you will be interacting
with Hertz rental car customers who come to the counter in order to
process their rental. You will not only process customer rentals
but will actively consult with customers on the type of rental they
need, including any insurance or ancillary benefits or
This position includes a rewarding compensation and benefits
- $15.50 an hour as your base pay
- Overtime hours are compensated at 1.5 times your hourly
- Includes full range of medical, dental, vision, 401K benefits
The key responsibilities and accountabilities are:
- Effectively communicate and offer ancillary products, services
and upgrades to enhance our Gold Plus Rewards customer's travel
- Strong emphasis on selling and revenue maximization on core
products such as, but not limited to, options to waive customer's
responsibility of damage, fuel options and vehicle upsells.
- Achieve personal sales goals while supporting the goals of the
- Personally, welcome Gold Plus Rewards customers with a pleasant
greeting and answer questions in a friendly manner.
- Provide world class customer service to valued Gold Plus
Rewards customers by managing the rentals and the exit process, in
compliance with Hertz's policies and procedures, with accuracy and
attention to detail.
- Resolve customer issues and concerns tactfully, using effective
customer service techniques.
- Drive continuous improvement by communicating customer feedback
to team and engaging in action planning to improve operational
performance and customer satisfaction.
- Operate within the areas of rental counter, Gold Choice, and
exit gate at the location.
- Maintain appearance appropriate for providing best in class
customer service in accordance with established guidelines.
- Keep work area organized and free of clutter.
1- 2 years customer service and/or sales experience required.
Proven strong sales and closing skills and the ability to sell in a
friendly, engaging manner
Passion for customer service and attention to detail - Goes the
A minimum of one year of sales or customer experience in a high
volume or service-oriented environment
Strong computer proficiency, including typing skills and the
ability to navigate through multiple computer systems
Must be able to:
- Demonstrate good communication skills both written and oral.
Communicate in English clearly and proficiently. Candidates fluent
in other languages are encouraged to apply.
- Have the competitive drive and confidence to succeed in a
- Work in a fast-paced environment with a variety of tasks.
Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate sales, professionalism and interpersonal
- Show a high level of ownership, accountability and
- Proven experience of working well within a team.
- 100% customer focus, with proven experience within a customer
- Work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays; and work
overtime as required
- Work outdoors during all weather conditions
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Stand or sit for long periods of time
Applicant must possess all hearing, speaking and communicating
capabilities necessary to complete the responsibilities detailed
above. The essential functions of this position include, but are
not limited to, the following such as sitting, standing, speaking,
hearing, writing, typing, filing, seeing, and reading. Knowledge of
equipment operation such as computer terminal, telephone,
calculator, and fax machine is required.
At Hertz, we champion and celebrate a culture of diversity and
inclusion. We take affirmative steps to promote employment and
advancement opportunities. The endless variety of perspectives,
experiences, skills and talents that our employees invest in their
work every day represent a significant part of our culture - and
our success and reputation as a company.
Individuals are encouraged to apply for positions because of the
characteristics that make them unique.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for
employment in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law. Hertz is a drug free workplace.
EOE, including disability/veteran
Keywords: Hertz, Fort Lauderdale , Customer Service Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!