Company: The Dalmar
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job DescriptionAdvertisementThis position requires availability
to work a set schedule, weekend evening availability is a must.…THE
DALMAR will change your mind about what a hotel can be…of how a
Hotel can transform the city that surrounds it…It will be a hotel
unlike anything Fort Lauderdale has seen. A hotel that celebrates
the city's past, while shaping its future. In the process, it will
establish itself as a vibrant cultural hub in the local scene – and
an essential destination for the global creative class.ASSOCIATE
- SINCERE: builds emotional connections with guests through
empathy and thoughtful service
- NON-SCRIPTED: treats guests like individuals, avoid corporate
sentiments, and brings their personality to each interaction
- ENGAGING: great storytellers with the ability to draw out
lifestyle cues from guests and recommend local experiences that
match their interests
- SENSE OF PRIDE: doesn't perceive their role as forced
servitude; they are driven by a personal connection/passion for
what the hotel stands for and its reason for beingPosition
Summary:The Steward position is responsible for maintaining
cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware,
tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual
cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area
is maintained as a clean, safe, and sanitary facility. Promptly
reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage,
engineering items, and safety hazards to management. Reports any
deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards, and
regulations to management.Essential Functions:Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware, and other
cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through the dish
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carries clean dishes to cook's
line and other proper storage areas. Rewashes soiled dishes before
- Change dishwater in the dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans, and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to the dumpster.
- Set up or break down the dishwashing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around the exterior of the restaurant and
- General restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry and
- Must notify Manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle
falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Never touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without
washing hands first.
- Observe adherence to all safety protocols including correct use
of clean supplies.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported to
Engineering through proper channels.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns, and problems to ensure
- Report to work on time and at work when scheduled, and in
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when
communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters
of significance to the manager so that corrective measures may be
- Comply with policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety,
security, and emergency procedures.
- Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of
theft, accidents, or injuries when assigned.
- Check with the manager before leaving the work area for any
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as
- Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks/duties as requested by
management.Qualifications:The Company may consider an equivalent
combination of acceptable education and experience providing the
knowledge, skills, and abilities cited below.Education and
- High school education or equivalent experience
- One or more years of related experience
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferredSkills
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation and proper use of equipment and
- Ability to compile facts/figures in a timely manner; identify,
investigate, and resolve matters.
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills, and efficient
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on
policies and procedures.
- Display effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under
pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within
the jurisdiction.This position requires WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS, and a
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE!Benefits we provide to our AMAZING Team Members
- Paid Time Off
- Supplemental benefits
- 401K with company match
- Hotel discounts
- Complimentary meal on your shiftAbout the Company:The Wurzak
Hotel Group ("WHG") is a Philadelphia-based, vertically integrated
owner, developer, and operator of the premium branded full service,
extended stay, and focus service hotels. WHG gains its competitive
advantage by developing talent within the organization that
embodies the same entrepreneurial spirit of our leadership team and
who seeks to create value through tireless innovation and a tight
focus on the operational details.The Wurzak Hotel Group ("WHG")
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: The Dalmar, Fort Lauderdale , Steward/Dishwasher, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!