Steward / Dishwasher
Company: Renaissance Fort Lauderdale
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition SummaryThe Company operates 24 hours a
day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in
shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a
week.The Steward position is responsible for maintaining
cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware,
tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual
cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area
is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility. Promptly
reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage,
engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any
deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and
regulations to management.Essential FunctionsReasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking
utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carries clean dishes to cook's
line and other proper storage areas. Rewashes soiled dishes before
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up or break down dishwashing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage
- General restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry and
- Must notify Manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle
falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Never touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without
washing hands first.
- Observe adherence to all safety protocols including correct use
of clean supplies.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported to
Engineering through proper channels.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure
- Report to work on time and at work when scheduled, and in
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when
communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters
of significance to manager so that corrective measures may be
- Comply with policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety,
security and emergency procedures.
- Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of
theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Check with manager before leaving work area for any
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as
- Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks/duties as requested by
management.QualificationsThe Company may consider equivalent
combination of acceptable education and experience providing the
knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.Education and
- High school education or equivalent experience
- One or more years of related experience
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferredSkills
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation and proper use of equipment and
- Ability to compile facts/figures in a timely manner; identify,
investigate, and resolve matters.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on
policies and procedures.
- Display effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under
pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing
priorities. Working Conditions & Physical EffortPhysical work is a
primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior
hotel environment with equipment and machines. The work involves
exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke,
unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or
physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use
of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include
extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching,
pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 30 pounds frequently;
150 pounds up to two times per shift, with assistance. While
performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen
and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective
lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.
- Walks and stands during entire shift.
- Lift and carry racks or stacks of dishes, glassware and other
utensils, weighing up to 30 lbs., up to 50 times per shift.
- Lift and empty trashcans weighing up to 150 lbs., with
assistance, up to two times per shift.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and lifting.
- Work indoors 80%; outdoors 20%.
- Work in a hot, damp environment.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass
and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequent washing of hands.This position requires WEEKENDS,
HOLIDAYS and a FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE!Benefits we provide to our AMAZING
Team Members include:
- Medical benefits after 60 days of employment
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- 401K after one year of employment
- Employee Appreciation Program
- Employee LunchesAbout the Company:The Wurzak Hotel Group
("WHG") is a Philadelphia based, vertically integrated owner,
developer and operator of premium branded full service, extended
stay and focus service hotels. WHG gains its competitive advantage
by developing talent within the organization that embody the same
entrepreneurial spirit of our leadership team and who seeks to
create value through tireless innovation and a tight focus on the
operational details.The Wurzak Hotel Group ("WHG") provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Renaissance Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale , Steward / Dishwasher, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!