Assistant Restaurant Manager
Company: Marriott International, Inc
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Posting Date Dec 28, 2021
Job Number 21154093
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa, 3030
Holiday Drive, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW
Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more
than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that
our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels,
you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices,
sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and
imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio
and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities
and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our
associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be
happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience
unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a
true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates
opportunities for training, development, recognition and most
importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the
way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment---.
JOB SUMMARYEntry level management position that is assists in the
daily operations in Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. Position
assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards, assists
servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods and
supervises Restaurants/Bars and Room Service Departments, where
applicable. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee
satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable to
ensure standards and legal obligations are followed.CANDIDATE
PROFILEEducation and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and
beverage, culinary, or related professional area.OR
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service
Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business
Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and
beverage, culinary, or related professional area.CORE WORK
ACTIVITIESAssisting in Management of Restaurant Team
- Handles employee questions and concerns.
- Monitors employees to ensure performance expectations are met.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service
- Assists in supervising daily shift operations.
- Supervises restaurant and all related areas in the absence of
the Director of Restaurants or Restaurant Manager.
- Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear
and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce
desired results.Conducting Day-to-Day Restaurant Operations
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and
- Communicates to Chef and Restaurant Manager any issues
regarding food quality and service levels.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with all restaurant policies,
standards and procedures.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local
- Assists in achieving or exceeding budgeted goals.
- Performs all duties of restaurant employees and related
departments as necessary.
- Opens and closes restaurant shifts.Providing Exceptional
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service,
operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service
- Handles guest problems and complaints, seeking assistance from
supervisor as necessary.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction
results with employees.
- Meets and greets guests.Assisting in Human Resource Activities
- Supervises on-going training initiatives.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job
descriptions for each position.
- Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, Inc, Fort Lauderdale , Assistant Restaurant Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!