Packaging - Team Leader II
Company: United States Sugar Corp
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Position located in Clewiston, FL Position Summary: Supervise
the daily operations of the Packaging Department, Packaging
Warehouse, Bulk Loading and Screening Tower Areas. Responsible to
plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the
evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of packaging,
bulk loading, and mechanical maintenance techniques, procedures and
- This position requires shift work, including recall and
mandatory overtime for stoppages
- Abide by and enforce all Company policies outlined in the
Employee Handbook and in accordance with the Collective Bargaining
- Demonstrate adherence to all safety regulations and proper use
of related industrial and food safety equipment and tools of the
- Regularly verify raw and packaged inventory manually, compare
to computerized supply chain management, and solve discrepancies.
Determine need to alter packaging schedule based on inventory
level, available manpower and machinery, warehouse limitations, and
implement alternate schedule.
- Conduct daily safety meetings at the start of each shift,
assign personnel to schedules, and supervise work assignments.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and
instrument, and personnel stoppages.
- Demonstrate ability to identify predictive maintenance
patterns, and schedule all preventative/reactive maintenance with
consideration to available sugar inventory and order requests in
order to maximize production. Required to maintain detailed records
of maintenance activities including the use of a computerized
maintenance management system, and coordination with outside
departments for advanced maintenance.
- Manage the Quality Control (QC) process by routinely reviewing
QC reports at each work station, performing independent QC tests,
compiling QC reports, and forwarding/reporting all to the QC/QA
- Manage bulk loading and screening tower operations including,
but not limited to, bulk rail, bulk truck, and liquid tanker
- Successfully participate in and complete all training sessions
or certifications related to the position.
- Demonstrate physical ability to perform the essential functions
of the job. Applicant must be in good health and physically able to
perform all phases of the work.Supervisory Responsibilities:
Supervise, evaluate, train and discipline Packaging workers across
diverse job categories, including, but not limited to, machine
operators, mechanics, equipment handlers, loaders, and
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years experience in Packaging, Refining, Warehouse,
Operations or Manufacturing. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Operational proficiency in computers and software, with
experience using basic spreadsheet functions of Microsoft
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak the English
language in order to comprehend instructions on the job and in the
classroom, and to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions, up to and
including adding and subtracting decimals and measurement
- New hires must pass a drug test and other pre-employment
background screening, and successfully complete any required
training or orientation course.Working Conditions:50% of the work
environment is conducted while walking on concrete flooring, in a
loud environment, around moving machinery, and regularly exposed to
varying temperatures. Will wear PPE, i.e.: steel toe footwear, hard
hat, goggles, hair/beard net, and/or ear plugs.25% of the work
environment requires sitting and operating computerized software,
using repetitive motions.25% of the work environment requires
inspecting machinery, processes, and production, which includes
crouching, kneeling, bending, climbing and reaching while being
exposed to heights. This information indicates the general nature
and level of work performed by associates in this position. It is
not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this position. This description supersedes and previous or
undated descriptions for this position. Management has the right to
add or change the duties for this position at any time.
Keywords: United States Sugar Corp, Fort Lauderdale , Packaging - Team Leader II, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!