NURSE, LICENSED PRACTICAL - LPN - CC - 4 FT- 4 PT - 4 PD - DADE & BRO
Company: Catholic Health Services
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Description:CATHOLIC HOSPICE INC.LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN)
Shift Differential available for night shift - call for detailsFOR
CONTINUOUS CARE - 12 HRS. SHIFTCOVERING DADE AND BROWARD AREASWE
HAVE 12 POSITIONS OPEN4 FULL-TIME - 4 PART-TIME - 4 PER-DIEMSummary
& ObjectiveThe Licensed Practical Nurse will be responsible for
providing skilled nursing services within the scope of the Nurse
Practice Act, (NPA) as outlined in the Interdisciplinary Team plan
of care in accordance with the physician's orders and under the
supervision of the Registered Nurse and Clinical Care
- Provides skilled nursing care to patients in Hospice program as
directed by the registered nurse, IDT plan of care, and physician's
orders in accordance with agency policies.
- Promotes and maintains patient quality of life under the
guidance of the registered nurse who is assigned to the same
- Assists patients in learning appropriate self-care
- Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by
assisting in planning and exchanging information with other health
- Prepares clinical visit notes and follows client care plans as
developed by the registered nurse and according to agency
- Assists the physician and registered nurse in performing
specialized procedures for which competency has been
- Makes visits as necessary according to assessed needs, within
established time frames.
- During patient visits, provides necessary education to
patient/caregiver/family to enable them to provide appropriate care
for the patient.
- Participate in the nursing process of assessing, planning,
implementing, and evaluating patient care under the direction of
the supervising RN, Clinical Care Manager to include continuous
care if needed.
- Reports results of visits to Clinical Care Manager or Triage
Manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
the position.Other Duties
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospice levels of care, Medicare and
Medicaid Hospice Benefits by providing appropriate documentation
when the need arises.
- Provide orientation on a regular basis to new employees.
- Ability to coordinate several projects at the same time with
competing demands and tight time lines.
- Attend home deaths as required and communicating with
physician, funeral home, and clinical team.
- Provide accurate and appropriate documentation and submit
- Participate in the team responsibility of providing patient
care twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Consistently able to work calmly and maintain effectiveness in
situations of high stress.
- Maintaining the ability to extend hospitality and patience
while assisting patients, families, physicians and peers under
- Ability to lift and move patients according to accepted nursing
standards of body mechanics.
- Ability to travel to any location throughout South Florida as
needed and expand territory as business needs dictate.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full-Time schedule
that includes weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- Provide other duties of healthcare team member.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Supervisory Responsibility
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull
up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for
extended periods of time, etc.DisclaimerThe job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other
duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time.EEOC StatementCHS provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training.PM19Requirements:Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Associate's in Nursing preferred or Diploma.
- Clear and Active Licensed Practical Nurse license to practice
in the state of Florida.
- Current IV Certification required.
- 1-2 years of healthcare or clinical nursing experience
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: Catholic Health Services, Fort Lauderdale , NURSE, LICENSED PRACTICAL - LPN - CC - 4 FT- 4 PT - 4 PD - DADE & BRO, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...