NURSE, REGISTERED- FIELD PRN/ SOUTH BROWARD
Company: Catholic Health Services
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Description:Summary & ObjectiveThe Registered Nurse is
responsible to provide direct and indirect patient care services
primarily on a visiting and intermittent basis in the patient's
home in accordance with the policies and procedures of Catholic
Home Health Services. Such care must be provided in accordance with
current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines, and
regulations that govern the agency, and as may be required by the
Clinical manager, Director of Professional Services, or the
Administrator to ensure that the highest quality care is maintained
at all times.Essential Functions
- Complete initial and ongoing assessments to identify the
physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs of home health
- Completes assessments at appropriate time points, including
- Regularly re-evaluate the patients nursing needs and evaluates
the outcomes of care.
- Assists patients in the recovery or maintenance of life
functions; prevent illness and relapse of illness.
- Develop, initiate, and revise the Plan of Care (POC) as
necessary to ensure quality and continuity of care.
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Plans for discharge of the client from services.
- Provide effective communication to patients, their families,
team members, and other health care professionals. Regular
participation in Case Conference.
- Apply concepts of agency's infection control plan and universal
precaution in coordination/performing client cares activities to
protect both patient and staff (OSHA).
- Coordinate services and informs the physician and other
personnel of changes in the patient's condition and needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
- Develops Home Health Aide Care Plan and perform supervisory
visits for HHA and LPN as required
- Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner to assure
compliance with agency policy.
- Demonstrate commitment and professional growth by participating
in in-service programs and maintaining/improving competency.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in
relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share
information only when recipient's right to access is clearly
established and sharing of such information is in the best interest
of the patient.
- Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the
- Floats to other units as assigned to meet patient/resident's
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- Provide other duties of healthcare team member
- Perform other duties as assignedSupervisory Responsibility
- Supervise, teach and provide clinical direction to other
nursing personnel (ex. LVN/LPN, HHA, CNA, etc).
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull
up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for
extended periods of time, etc.DisclaimerThe job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other
duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time.EEOC StatementCHS provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training.PM19Requirements:Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- At least 1 year or more with current/active Florida State
- At least 1 year of more experience working with a Medicare
Certified Home Health agency
- OASIS SOC Competency
- Knowledgeable of AHCA regulations, Medicare COP's
- Proficient with use of computers.
- Ability & willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: Catholic Health Services, Fort Lauderdale , NURSE, REGISTERED- FIELD PRN/ SOUTH BROWARD, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...