Flight Physician - Per Diem - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Company: Fly Reva
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 25, 2023
SUMMARY: Responsibility is to evaluate, coordinate and deliver
medical care provided to patients during air transport. Is familiar
with the scope of practice of the transport team members and the
State regulations in which the transport team practices. Works with
the other transport team members to coordinate care of the patient
during transport; once called, readily available/arrive at
specified location, within 45 minutes before wheels.DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management's definition of
essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks
that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons.Preflight responsibilities:
- Obtains medical report from Medical Director or designee, to
include addressing diseases affected by altitude.
- Calls for update with discharging facility / Physician when
- Participates in Pre-Flight debriefing with other members of the
medical team, pilots and flight coordinator.
- Familiar with the location and use of all medical equipment and
- Participates in pre-flight checking of medical equipment and
supplies when necessary and requests additional supplies as needed
specific to patient's condition and needs, based on available
patient report and distance of transport.
- Participates in loading and securing equipment in the
- Understands and follows Reva, Inc.'s Guidelines, Policies and
- Performs and documents a complete head to toe assessment of the
- Assist the medical crew in obtaining appropriate documentation
from the patient and passengers, i.e., passports, visas, and/or
documentation of medical events and interventions.
- Safe guards all medical records, x-rays and other medical
documentation as per HIPPA regulations.
- Assist the medical crew in obtaining signatures on consent
- Assist the medical crew in safe transport from facility to
- Assures delivery of minimum standard of care (see: Minimum
Standard Patient Care Requirements) bedside to bedside.
- Maintains constant communication with medical team and pilots.
Works collaboratively to coordinate the patient care delivery
- Assures adherence to Universal Precautions.
- Transfers care of patient and records to the receiving
facility. Gives report to receiving Physician, if present at time
of arrival, and documents the name of physician report was given
- Maintains communication with the flight coordinator and
Director of Clinical Operations.
- Maintains professional attitude through-out transport. Treats
discharging facility and staff with respect.Post-flight
- Completes medical records documentation upon release of patient
to receiving facility.
- Assist medical crew in cleaning and storing medical
- Co-signs controlled substance forms and log.
- Completes Occurrence reports when indicated to assist in the
- Completes debriefing, including completion and signature on
Debrief form, with entire transport team, prior to departureGeneral
- Attends general staff meetings and educational programs as per
the medical departments programs.
- Complies with Dress Code.
- Provides a monthly availability schedule.
- Notifies Director of Clinical Operations if unable to be on
call on predetermined days.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Reva Inc.'s mission statement
through consistent patterns of work behavior exhibiting positive
relations with coworkers and promoting professional representation
of the company and external customers.
- Completes annual requirements, to include Annual Equipment and
supplies competency / currency validation form, Medical screening
update form, Safety and infection control update form, ICU/Trauma
competencies form, Aircraft and personnel security briefing form,
completed quarterly intubations, completed AvStar program, Wellness
form, EMS Rules and Regulations review, Hazardous materials
recognition and response review.
- Does not participate in risk-taking behavior while on
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Emergency Medicine, Internal
Medicine, Anesthesiology or Trauma Surgical care and have
educational experience commensurate with mission statement.
- Ability to understand and adhere to established policies,
procedures, and protocols.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Certification of a DOT approved flight physiology course.
- Florida State license and/or Arizona State License (depending
upon home base location)
- Current Passport.
- Proficient on Microsoft Suite including word processing.
- Demonstrated competence in reacting to and handling
- Able to work collaboratively with multiple health professionals
in a busy and complex environment using tact, diplomacy, and
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels
and from various backgrounds.
- Current certification in BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP and Advanced
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information;
collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to
complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops
alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving
situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
pursues training and development opportunities; strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer
feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and
assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without
interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification;
responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills;
participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits
work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs;
presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and
welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect
and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the
value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds
a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments;
inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically;
upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports
organization's goals and values; benefits organization through
outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts
well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for
own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve
performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports
potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.PHYSICAL: While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Transfer/position patients of all ages and physical
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze diagnostic data
- Utilize visual, auditory, verbal, and olfactory processes
required to assess, monitor, and care for patients.
- Interpret complex laws, regulations, and/or policies.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.WORK
ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Possible exposure to blood-borne and airborne pathogens or
- Exposure to dynamic cultural diversity.
- Long transport times in the confined space of the
aircraft.REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports directly to Director of
Clinical OperationsThe above is intended to describe the general
content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is
not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties,
responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description
restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.Keep up with all the
latest REVA's News and Events
Keywords: Fly Reva, Fort Lauderdale , Flight Physician - Per Diem - Fort Lauderdale, FL, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...