Registered Nurse RN Multisystem ICU Apopka
Company: Michigan Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics.
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Registered Nurse RN Multisystem ICU Apopka Details Posted:
22-Feb-23Location: Fort Lauderdale, FloridaSalary:
UnpaidCategories: General Nursing Internal Number: 23001585_8
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Up to $20,000 Sign-on Bonus and $5,000 Relocationavailable for
eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Benefits and Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program Our promise to you: Joining
AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It-----s
about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of
each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better. Schedule: Full-time , Three (3)
12-hour shifts per week Shift : Nights, 7:00 pm - 7:00 am Location
: 2100 Ocoee Apopka Road, Apopka, FL 32703 Unit Highlights:
- The Intensive Care Unit at AdventHealth Apopka is a 19-bed unit
caring for a wide array of high-acuity cases
- Diverse patient population with cases including renal failure,
respiratory failure with ventilator management, septic shock with
MODS, hypovolemic shock, DKA with severe acidosis, and more!
- A strong, multi-disciplinary team of highly engaged nurses with
dedicated preceptors who love to teach eager new nurses The
community you-----ll be caring for:
- AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering
an extensive range of services including expanded surgical
services, advanced surgical suites, and a catheterization lab.
- The hospital also features a 30,000 square-foot Emergency
Department with pediatric friendly beds, imaging services, a
full-service cafeteria, gift shop and on-site fire station.
- The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed
hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more
than four decades.
- Click here to learn more about our Apopka campus! The role
you-----ll contribute: The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is
responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total
nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups.
Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department.
Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all
rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal
agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in
outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in
maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. The
value you-----ll bring to the team:
- Nursing Knowledge : Demonstrates the ability to assess and
interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition,
including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring
data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects
the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all
diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment
associated with unit patient population.
- Patient Safety : Nursing practice reflects the application of
knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory
standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres
to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety.
Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes
advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it
out in accordance with plan of care.
- Communication : Promotes an exceptional patient experience by
abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent
nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic
communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but
not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability
to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all
interactions with the patient to their level of understanding.
Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing
thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of
command when appropriate.
- Documentation : Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the
recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic
medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs
appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and
assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with
standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines. *
Terms: 24-month Full-time Employment Contract Required for Sign-On
and Relocation Sign-on Eligibility:
- Applicable experience required.
- Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not
eligible. Relocation Eligibility:
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you-----ll need to succeed: Minimum
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Advanced Life Support Certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per
- EKG Preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor-----s degree in Nursing
- Professional Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
ordinances. Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs About AdventHealth
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our
mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people
feel whole. Our story is one of hope - one that strives to heal and
restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and
compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices,
outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing
facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed
to providing individualized, wholistic care. Connections working at
AdventHealth More Jobs from This Employer
Keywords: Michigan Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics., Fort Lauderdale , Registered Nurse RN Multisystem ICU Apopka, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...