NURSE, LICENSED PRACTICAL - FULL TIME
Company: Catholic Health Services
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Description: NURSE, LICENSED PRACTICAL - FULL TIME (Excellent
Benefits / All Shifts Available) Summary & Objective The Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing direct patient
care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Responsibilities
include following the plan of care, providing treatment, and
working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet
positive patient and/or resident care outcomes. Essential
- Provides direct patient and/or resident care as defined in the
state nurse Practice Act
- Conducts an individualized patient and/or resident evaluation
and evaluates the total needs of the patient and/or resident,
prioritizing the data collection based on the patient's immediate
condition or needs within 24 hours of admission.
- Implements an interim plan of care for the patient and/or
- Evaluates and provide patient and/or resident and
family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis
and plan of care.
- Complete thorough documentation of patient and/or resident
care, including nursing intervention, patient and/or resident's
patient's response, needs, problems, capabilities, limitations and
progress towards goals in a timely manner
- Continuously evaluates patient and/or resident's status and
reports changes of patient/resident's condition to Registered
- Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an
accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure supplies, medications and equipment is properly
- Answers call lights within appropriate established timeframe.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Administers medications and treatments according to nursing
policies and procedures.
- Provide orientation on a regular basis to new employees.
- Attends and participates in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings as
- Reports patient and/or resident's condition to appropriate
personnel during each shift.
- Maintain your required licenses, certifications and mandatory
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- Floats to other units as assigned to meet patient/resident's
- Provide other duties of healthcare team member Supervisory
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on need
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull
up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for
extended periods of time, etc. Disclaimer The job description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change
or be assigned at any time. EEOC Statement CHS provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Requirements: Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Clear and Active Licensed Practical Nurse license to practice
in the state of Florida
- CPR certification
- 1-3 years of experience in a Health Care Facility
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language
Keywords: Catholic Health Services, Fort Lauderdale , NURSE, LICENSED PRACTICAL - FULL TIME, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...