RN Specialty - Full Time Nights, Code Blue/Rapid Response Team
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Join the Cleveland Clinic Weston Hospital team, where you will
work alongside passionate caregivers and provide patient-first
healthcare. Cleveland Clinic is recognized as the No. 4 hospital in
the nation, according to the U.S. and World News Report. At
Cleveland Clinic, you will work alongside passionate and dedicated
caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and build a
rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare
organizations in the world.
A Registered Nurse on our Code Blue/Rapid Response Team is
responsible for understanding complicated medical histories,
advanced surgical procedures, pain modalities and thorough
nutritional support. Your primary duties will include:
* Providing direct nursing care.
* Monitoring, recording, and communicating patients' conditions as
* Preparing patient care plans.
* Administering prescribed medications.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
* Is a team player.
* Has excellent communication skills.
* Can adapt to change.
* Has an interest in growing leadership skills.
* Can critically think and problem solve for patients' best
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to join
a supportive team and willing to learn new skills. Cleveland Clinic
will assist you by offering tuition reimbursement and
cross-training for professional development.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth,
delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning,
exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers
many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where
opportunities to advance and the support to get there go
* Provides direct patient care based upon nursing assessment to
patients who have a variety of medical and/or surgical conditions,
following established standards, department guidelines and hospital
policies and procedures.
* Involves patient/family in the development of care plan. Updates
care plan daily.
* Collaborates with members of multidisciplinary team regarding
each patient's care.
* Prioritizes and performs direct care to patients according to
* Explains and documents procedures and interventions.
* Identifies and performs appropriately in emergent situations.
* Assists multidisciplinary team with all processes related to
* Delegates responsibilities to staff based on patient needs and
* Utilizes and documents patient safety restraints per hospital
* Demonstrates the ability to insert and manage the care for all
IV's, both peripheral and central access, per hospital policy.
* Documents medications on medication administration record
* Monitors patient's response to medications; documents and reports
* Reports medication errors and adverse reactions per hospital
* Demonstrates knowledge concerning medications, including side
effects; educates patients on their medications and their side
* Safely administers blood and blood products per hospital
* Verifies patient ID per hospital policy.
* Performs all pyxis monitoring and counts per hospital policy.
* Ensures medications are wasted and documented as appropriate.
* Assesses patient/family educational readiness and barriers.
Develops plan based on educational assessment.
* Documents educational assessment, plan, intervention and
* Utilizes critical thinking based on data; rounds on patients with
physician and other members of the healthcare team as appropriate
when making decision.
* Collaborates in the assignment of patients to staff based on
acuity and competency of staff.
* Functions as charge nurse on unit.
* Participates in coordination/delivery of approved Facility
* Collaborates with others to seek solutions to complex issues; is
sensitive to the operations and feelings of others.
* Focuses on the potential positive outcomes when exploring the
issues. Remains objective to the view and conflicts of others.
* Focuses on the issues/concerns and not the person.
* Builds common ground for points of agreement/disagreement.
* Engages in mutual problem solving by brainstorming alternative
positions, solutions and approaches.
* Utilizes integrity and honesty.
* Keeps commitments and is consistent.
* Discloses own position and thoughts and rationales in order to
* Remains open to ideas and listens to others and objectively
considers other's ideas and opinions.
* Support others; treats people with dignity, respect and fairness;
displays sensitivity to patients and their need for privacy.
* Develops direction.
* Ensures that the purpose and importance of the team are
clarified; clarifies roles and responsibilities.
* Facilitates goal accomplishment; makes procedural or process
suggestions; provides necessary resources and removes
* Sets performance goals; collaboratively works with direct reports
to set meaningful objectives; implements system to track
performance against goals; holds regular formal discussions to
discuss progress toward goals and review performance.
* Clarifies current situation; carries expected behaviors and level
of proficiency; provides feedback and reinforcement; gives timely,
appropriate feedback on performance; reinforces efforts and
* Explains and models: provides instruction, positive models and
opportunities to develop skills and understanding.
* Assists in collection of meaningful data to capture the
* Analyzes data for root cause analysis utilizing standard PI
* Assists with the implementation of new performance plans.
* Collects and reviews data to determine progress. Complies with
safety standards and reports safety issues as appropriate.
* Completes Annual Specific Specialty Competencies. Adheres to all
Customer Service Standards of Excellence as identified in the
* Plans and implements service level initiatives specific to PSMS
* Utilizes the nursing process: patient advocacy, maintenance of
aseptic technique, medication administration, documentation of
treatments and care, management of equipment, patient safety and
monitoring of vital signs.
* Bachelors in Science of nursing preferred.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Critical Care Course for the acute care setting.
* Periop 101 or validated OJT for the Operating room setting.
* Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
* Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
* Proof of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American
Heart Association (AHA) Certification must be presented upon
* NIHSS certification preferred
* Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) preferred for the acute
Complexity of Work:
* All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance
outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as
applied to the position:
* Age Specific: is cognizant and demonstrates ability to alter
communication patterns related to patient's age and developmental
* World Class Service Orientation: Demonstrates courteous, polite,
friendly and cooperative behaviors toward others.
* Supports and participates in activities that promote customer
* Utilizes approved hospital scripts.
* Courteously answers the telephone utilizing approved script
(department, name and "How can I help you").
* Assists in answering call lights when on the nursing units
(includes ancillary and non-patient care personnel).
* Answers call lights within 4 rings.
* Acknowledges patients/guests/others immediately upon entering the
* Communicates and follows the organizational chain of command for
notification of patient care/service issues, when appropriate.
(Calls are answered within 4 rings.)
* Attitude: Chooses to have a positive attitude every day.
* Customer waiting: Updates waiting patient/family per protocol.
(Scheduled visit every 10 minutes, unscheduled every 30
* Adaptability: Exhibits good communication and listening skills.
Speaks clearly, actively listens.
* Able to work with diverse populations (patient, staff,
physicians) under difficult and stressful situations.
* Supports the team approach.
* Committed to Customer Service standards. Encourages patients and
family members to ask questions.
* Avoids jargon.
* Teamwork: Understands and supports the needs of individuals in
other departments, works as a team to achieve mutual goals.
* Offers assistance and promptly responds to requests (patient,
physician, manager and others).
* Performs any other duties or responsibilities that may be
* Carries Spectralink phone at all times.
* Updates patient boards with numbers. (Appropriate personnel)
Attends 90% of all staff meetings.
* Participates in coordination/delivery of approved Facility
* Efficiency and Effectiveness: Offers suggestions for departmental
and/or hospital-wide performance/process improvement.
* Intervenes to correct problems (patient and system) as they
* Notifies manager/director of actions and outcome. Participates in
the performance/process improvement process.
* Completes required logs and quality controls as per
hospital/department requirements (crash cart, 24 hour chart check,
narcotic count, point of care testing, etc.).
* Work Habits: Readily accepts work assignments in a positive
* Performs work that is accurate, neat and consistent.
* Documentation is legible.
* Safety: Keeps work area neat and maintains equipment in
accordance with health and safety codes.
* Uses Standard precautions in all patient contacts.
* Provides a safe environment for patients/family and visitors, and
reports safety issues and equipment failures appropriately.
* Confidentiality: Sensitive information including, but not limited
to, patient records, charts, hospital documents and employee
information is kept confidential without exception, according to
* Ensures that the rights of all patients are respected and
maintained by allowing for privacy, cultural diversity and dignity
in the provision of care.
* Demonstrates organizational skills in the form of prioritization
and time management.
* Essential Job Requirements: Policies/Procedures: Is aware of and
follows all hospital, corporate, regional, and departmental
policies and procedures.
* Appearance: Projects a professional image, follows the hospital
dress code policy and/or department requirements.
* Wears hospital ID badge at all times on duty.
* Attendance: Employee reports to work each regularly scheduled
* Does not take advantage of sick time. (To score a 3, employee
must have no absences for the year).
* Punctuality: Clocks in by the scheduled start time of the shift
and is ready for work.
* Continues working until scheduled departure time.
* Leaves as scheduled unless overtime is approved by
* Managerial Responsibilities: Makes suggestions to reduce
* Ensures that personnel and supplies of the organization are used
in a cost effective manner.
* Identifies cost saving strategies for department/hospital.
* Submits accurate and timely hospital charges for
* Offers opinions and information that reflect positively on
Cleveland Clinic Hospital.
* Will take the time to speak with an employee (privately) if they
observe or overhear that an employee is not being an ambassador of
* Understands how individual job performance affects department and
* Identifies and communicates opportunities to improve service or
* Participates in hospital/departmental committees to improve
service and streamline organizational processes.
* Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those
functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this
* This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or
to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other
tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
* Minimum one year of critical care RN experience in a hospital
* 4 years of critical care experience preferred.
* Previous code team, flight nurse or CV/ECMO experience
* Requires frequent walking from department to department; requires
sitting at a workstation or desk; requires standing; work may
include occasional pushing and/or pulling, lifting, and carrying
objects weighing up to 50 lbs., such as files, documents and
* Work requires finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination to
operate a computer keyboard at a moderate skill level.
* Mental Demands: Ability to work at a fast pace and prioritize
multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous requests;
ability to resolve conflicts among staff and to work
collaboratively with department directors, physicians and other
members of the healthcare team; ability to ensure operational
efficiency; ability to problem-solve and make decisions; ability to
exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with
multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple
Personal protective equipment:
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
as required for procedures.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Fort Lauderdale , RN Specialty - Full Time Nights, Code Blue/Rapid Response Team, Healthcare , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!