Cath Lab/EP Lab RN FT $20k Sign on Bonus
Company: Holy Cross Hospital
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Full time Shift:
Description: Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a
full-service, non-profit Catholic hospital, sponsored by the
Sisters of Mercy and a member of Trinity Health.
This is a Full time position on day shift with benefits. Please
visit our Career Center Home Page for more about our benefits.
There is no waiting period to receive healthcare benefits!
- Care provided is appropriate to the age of the patients served,
as defined in the scope of service for the nurses area of practice,
to include: Early Adulthood (19-45 years),Middle Adulthood (46-60
years),Later Adulthood (Over 61 years)
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret
information in terms of the patient's needs.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of growth and
- Demonstrates an understanding of the range of treatment needed
by these patients.
- Makes initial assessment, and determines appropriate nursing
needs of assigned patients, as evidenced by appropriate
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment on all assigned
patients, including a review of systems, as evidenced by
appropriate documentation. Completes Admission Assessment in time
frame established, according to Policy and Procedure.
- Completes Admission Assessment in time frame established,
according to Policy and Procedure.
- Monitors patients during invasive diagnostic and interventional
procedures for arrhythmias, cardiovascular status change, pain,
mental status change. Intervenes appropriately
- Performs a structured cardiovascular assessment of all patients
admitted to the EPS/Heart Lab and documents evaluation and reports
findings to Invasive Cardiologist.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing communication with the
invasive Cardiologist throughout the procedure to facilitate
patient safety, treatment and diagnosis.
- Initiates and follows Holy Cross Hospital policy regarding care
during invasive procedure inclusive of conscious sedation and
monitoring of oxygen saturation, respiratory status, circulatory
status, mental status and vital signs. Documents results
- Systematically reviews history and physical, EKG, lab values
and chest x-ray, and correlates invasive procedure protocol with
patients physiologic status. Performs a cardiovascular assessment
of all patients admitted to the Heart Lab / EPS Lab and
communicates abnormal findings to Invasive Cardiologist and fellow
- Initiates and/or maintains IV therapy in Invasive Laboratory
providing a line for routine and emergency Pharmacological
- Continuously monitors ECG for abnormalities and reports
emergent or urgent rhythms to Invasive Cardiologist and other team
- Communicates effectively with monitor team member to accurately
and thoroughly document pertinent data during the procedure;
including physical assessment of patient, medication
administration, hemodynamics, procedural findings, and recommended
- Establishes and maintains ongoing communication with patient
throughout the procedure to facilitate patient comfort, emotional
support, reassurance and safety
- Assists with the development and revision of policies for
invasive procedures to include: Cardiac Catheterization,
Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty, Stent Placement,
Ivus, Flow Wire, Angiojet, EPS, Ablations, Tilt, Cardioversion, ICD
check, and Pacemaker/Defibrillator Implants.
- Rotates assignments within the invasive/diagnostic
cardiovascular lab to include roles of: Scrub person/assistant,
Circulator, Monitor person/recorder.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of procedures performed by
acquiring relative continuing education, seeking learning
opportunities within the field of Invasive Cardiology
- Practices radiation safety according to principles of ALARA and
Time, Distance, Shielding.
- Demonstrates clinical competency wit IABP with some supervision
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through
training and education, recruitment, retention, and development),
commitment and accountability, communication, community
partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Holy Cross Hospital, Fort Lauderdale , Cath Lab/EP Lab RN FT $20k Sign on Bonus, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!