Clinical Research Coordinator - Neurology
Company: Holy Cross
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Day ShiftDescription:Job
Summary:This person will be responsible for the conduct of multiple
clinical research activities. Ideal candidate will have industry
sponsored clinical trial experience and/or project management
experience for investigator initiated projects. Person is able to
work with minimal supervision and within the scope of clinical
research protocols, participates in research activities which may
include: subject recruitment, confirmation of subject eligibility,
informed consent process, completion of case report forms, data
clarification, IRB preparations, chart abstraction, hosting monitor
visits, organizing site initiation visits. Person will be
responsible for leading and managing the project from the
standpoint of clinical research activities. Must be knowledgeable
on and have full understanding of good clinical practices (GCP) and
regulations. Must adhere to all policies and procedures surrounding
these processes and for maintaining up to date knowledge on these
policies from IRB, FDA, ICH, GCP, or other sources. Experience with
clinical trials and industry sponsored studies preferred.Job
- Facilitates and coordinates the daily clinical trial activities
and plays a critical role in the conduct of the study.
- Plan and coordinate strategies for patient enrollment,
increasing patient enrollment, an improving efficiency.
- Review the progress of department research studies to ensure
adherence to research protocols and take action to correct problems
such as deviation from protocol requirements.
- Coordinate with other departments when necessary to ensure
study-related procedures are performed according to the
- Coordinate and facilitates study-related meetings such as
pre-study visits, site initiation visits, monitoring visits.
- Prepare for or participate in quality assurance audits
conducted by internal staff, study sponsors, federal agencies, or
specially designated review groups.
- Maintains own study participant caseload.
- Periodically reviews study participant research charts and
assesses the quality of work for each CRA/CRA-RN.
- Coaches CRAs/ CRA-RNs in areas that need improvement.
- Periodically observe specimen collection, processing, shipping
and storage activities to ensure they are conducted
- Periodically observe the investigational drug ordering,
deliver, administration, return and accountability activities to
ensure they are carried out appropriately.
- Keep research management informed in a timely manner of actual
or potential deficiencies in quality or performance of CRAs/
- Assists research management in developing systems for assuring
protocol adherence and data quality.
- Assist in the annual evaluations of research associates as
- Acts as an internal and external research leader at Holy Cross
Hospital, advising staff regarding complex protocols and
- Encourages teamwork and cohesion within the research work unit,
and between research and other departments in the
- Coordinate delegated activities during the contract and
- Oversee the training and development of new
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience in
clinical research required, or Master's level degree with a minimum
of 3 years of experience in clinical research required.
- Current certifications with ACRP (CCRC) or SOCRA (CCRP) as a
clinical research coordinator required.Experience & Skills:
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical trial research experience
- Needs to demonstrate consistent professional conduct and
meticulous attention to detail
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must be computer literate; proficiency in Microsoft Word and
Excel a must.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to
questions from physicians, staff and patients.
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to function effectively in a team setting
- Driving may be required on some
- SOCRA/ACRP Certification preferred (required to sit for
CCRP/CCRC after 2 years' experience)
- Current BLS Certification requiredOur Commitment to Diversity
and InclusionTrinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and
nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because
we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to
recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language
preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve
and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We
also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and
perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to
innovative solutions.Our dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention,
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Holy Cross, Fort Lauderdale , Clinical Research Coordinator - Neurology, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!