Company: Cleveland Clinic in Florida - Weston
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Registered Nurse - Heart, Vascular and Cardiothoracic Ambulatory
Institute - CardiologyCleveland Clinic is a top healthcare
institution in the nation and a premier destination for nurses. We
provide a dynamic and technologically advanced environment that
allows you to discover, learn and grow. We want you to remain
professionally challenged as you shape the nursing career of your
dreams. We truly hope you will ---nd where you belong, here at
The Cardiology Registered Nurse in the Heart, Vascular and
Cardiothoracic Ambulatory Institute at Cleveland Clinic Weston
provides direct care of cardiology patients in a fast-paced
setting, following established standards, department guidelines,
and policies and procedures. The RN will use their strong
assessment and critical thinking skills to collaborate with the
multi-disciplinary team in order to provide the best outcomes for
each patient. This role plays an integral part in ensuring patient
advocacy, safety and education. The hours of the position are
primarily 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday, with flexibility to work
7:30am-4:30pm as needed. A minimum of one year experience as an RN
* Assess health status by completing a nursing assessment.
* Performs telephone triage.
* Notifies physician/LIP of abnormal findings.
* Establishes a care plan in collaboration with the patient,
family, and health care team.
* Collaborates with care coordinators to ensure smooth and
effective transitions of care.
* Assists with specialized diagnostic and therapeutic
* Assist with specialized patient care equipment as required by the
clinical department and medical specialty assigned.
* Administers medications and treatments as ordered by
physician/LIP and monitors patients for response.
* Initiates CPR and other emergency measures. Covers other nursing
roles within the department
* Provides health education to patients and families. Develops,
evaluates, adapts, and documents education to learning needs.
Assists in preparation of the department specific education for
patients and colleagues.
* Facilitates smooth operation of the ambulatory areas.
* Participates in quality initiatives, process improvements, and
research activities to improve patient outcomes, patient
experience, and patient safety.
* Maintains professional growth and development in the nursing
field and identified annual core competencies.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
* Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
* Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
* In areas performing moderate sedation procedures and/or cardiac
stress testing, must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification
within 6 months of hire.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
* Professional behavior/appearance required, ability to focus on
patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Minimum one year recent experience as a Registered Nurse.
* If current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in ambulatory Cleveland
Clinic setting transferring into a RN role but remaining in the
same current ambulatory Cleveland Clinic setting will consider
current LPN, Medical Assistant, and/or other unlicensed clinical
healthcare experience (e.g. Dialysis Tech., Ambulatory CT., in lieu
of RN experience, or if current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in a
clinical role within the same specialty area as ambulatory area
transferring into will consider current LPN, Medical Assistant, and
/or other unlicensed clinical healthcare experience(Dialysis Tech.
, Ambulatory CT., Inpatient PCNA, inpatient C.T., Inpatient LPN, in
lieu of RN experience. Current demonstrated clinical
* Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
* Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
* May requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily
* Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
* Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a
job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or
standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting
most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg
controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production
rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of
materials even though the weight of those materials is
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
as required for procedures.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic in Florida - Weston, Fort Lauderdale , Registered Nurse , Healthcare , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!