RN / NICU / Florida / Permanent / Clinical Nurse Coordinator CVICU Job
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Charge Nurse, Cardiovascular Intensive Care
(CVICU)Full-Time (0.9 FTE) NightNorthwest Medical Center Margate,
FL Facility Description:Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed
medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and
incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care.
Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission which
indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest
level of services to the population to our community. Northwest
Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as primary
stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American
College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive
Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons
Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality
Improvement Program. Our facility continues growing to meet the
needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities
in emergency, critical care, as well as womens and childrens
services. Out state of the art maternity care includes the only
Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of
these service lines translates to increased professional
opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic
team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your grow
potential. Benefits:We offer you an excellent total compensation
package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO,
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock
purchase program. Job Description:Reporting to the Director you
will be facilitating exceptional care for the patients we serve in
our 22 bed Critical Care Unit. The CV ICU RN manages the nursing
care of critically ill patients in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Qualifications
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida o or
Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing
Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- CCRN highly preferred
- 2-3 years of recent CVICU experience.
- Passing score of 85% on EKG Competency Exam
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting...
Keywords: HCA., Fort Lauderdale , RN / NICU / Florida / Permanent / Clinical Nurse Coordinator CVICU Job, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!