Nurse, Medical Coordinator $73k
Company: REVA AIR AMBULANCE
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionTitle: Nurse, Medical Coordinator - Full Time
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida Shift: Day/Night Rotation.
Assigned hard days off. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include familiarity with the scope of practice of
the transport team members and the State rules and regulations in
which the transport team operates. Works with the other transport
team members to coordinate care of the patient during transport.
The following reflects management's definition of essential
functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be
assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons.
- Must be familiar with scope of practice of the transport team
and the State rules and regulations in which the transport team
- Must be able to coordinate all current and pending flights at
- Fourteen (12 Hour) Shifts a month with rotating weekends off.
- Obtain a comprehensive understanding of medical
- Determine the most appropriate medical crew for transporting
- Dispatch our medical crew for each flight
- Remain in constant contact with the medical crew during flight
if necessary as well as dispatch
- Acquire and review medical records for impending patient
transports as available.
- Communicate with medical insurance companies when
- Ensure that air medical crews receive all of the necessary
information to conduct the safest, most efficient air medical
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize tasks in a
fast-paced setting with excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and as a team member when
- Communicates with the Medical Director and/or Program Director
regularly and as needed on all flight issues.
- During the MC shift or assigned flight schedule, all assigned
collateral duties are to be completed each week.
- All paperwork for a particular flight is to be prepared for the
medical crew prior to departure
- Other Duties as assigned REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 3 years of ICU/ED/Trauma experience within the last
- Previous flight experience strongly recommended.
- RN license as appropriate to assigned location (Florida)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or Basic Trauma Life
Support (BTLS) certification preferred but not required.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN), Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) or
Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN) strongly recommended.
- Current Passport required
- Drug screening and a background investigation required.
PHYSICAL: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to do the following:
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze diagnostic data
- Interpret complex laws, regulations, and/or policies.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Understand and respond to a diverse population. WORK
ENVIRONMENT: This position is located at REVA Headquarter in Fort
Lauderdale, FL. At times the position could be relocated to the
Fort Lauderdale Hangar. The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. BENEFITS:
- Industry competitive salary
- Group healthcare insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Matching 401k
- Scheduled hard days off
- 10 vacation days
- 8 Sick days
- 7 Paid holidays
Keywords: REVA AIR AMBULANCE, Fort Lauderdale , Nurse, Medical Coordinator $73k, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!