RN Hospital - Full Time Days, IMCU/Stepdown Unit - Progressive Care Unit
Company: Cleveland Clinic in Florida - Weston
Posted on: August 3, 2022
RN Hospital - Full Time Days, IMCU/Stepdown UnitProvides patient
care based upon nursing assessment to patients who have a variety
of medical and/or surgical conditions, from adolescent to
geriatric, following established standards, department guidelines
and hospital policies and procedures. Utilizes the nursing process
which includes: patient advocacy, maintenance of aseptic technique,
medication administration, documentation of treatments and care,
management of equipment, patient safety and monitoring of vital
signs. Coordinates care with other disciplines related to patient
education and care goals for discharge and optimal health
* Provides direct patient care based upon nursing assessment to
patients who have a variety of medical and/or surgical conditions,
following established standards, department guidelines and hospital
policies and procedures.
* Involves patient/family in the development of care plan.
* Updates care plan daily.
* Collaborates with members of multidisciplinary team regarding
each patient's care.
* Prioritizes and performs direct care to patients according to
* Explains and documents procedures and interventions.
* Identifies and performs appropriately in emergent situations.
* Assists multidisciplinary team with all processes related to
* Delegates responsibilities to staff based on patient needs and
* Utilizes and documents patient safety restraints per hospital
* Demonstrates the ability to insert and manage the care for all
IV's, both peripheral and central access, per hospital policy.
* Documents medications on medication administration record
* Monitors patient's response to medications; documents and reports
* Reports medication errors and adverse reactions per hospital
* Demonstrates knowledge concerning medications, including side
effects; educates patients on their medications and their side
* Safely administers blood and blood products per hospital
* Verifies patient ID per hospital policy.
* Performs all pyxis monitoring and counts per hospital policy.
* Ensures medications are wasted and documented as appropriate.
* Assesses patient/family educational readiness and barriers.
* Develops plan based on educational assessment.
* Documents educational assessment, plan, intervention and
* Utilizes critical thinking based on data; rounds on patients with
physician and other members of the healthcare team as appropriate
when making decision.
* Collaborates in the assignment of patients to staff based on
acuity and competency of staff.
* Functions as charge nurse on unit.
* Participates in coordination/delivery of approved Facility
* Collaborates with others to seek solutions to complex issues; is
sensitive to the operations and feelings of others.
* Focuses on the potential positive outcomes when exploring the
* Remains objective to the view and conflicts of others.
* Focuses on the issues/concerns and not the person.
* Builds common ground for points of agreement/disagreement.
* Engages in mutual problem solving by brainstorming alternative
positions, solutions and approaches.
* Utilizes integrity and honesty.
* Keeps commitments and is consistent.
* Discloses own position and thoughts and rationales in order to
* Remains open to ideas and listens to others and objectively
considers other's ideas and opinions.
* Support others; treats people with dignity, respect and fairness;
displays sensitivity to patients and their need for privacy.
* Develops direction.
* Ensures that the purpose and importance of the team are
clarified; clarifies roles and responsibilities.
* Facilitates goal accomplishment; makes procedural or process
suggestions; provides necessary resources and removes
* Sets performance goals; collaboratively works with direct reports
to set meaningful objectives; implements system to track
performance against goals; holds regular formal discussions to
discuss progress toward goals and review performance.
* Clarifies current situation; carries expected behaviors and level
of proficiency; provides feedback and reinforcement; gives timely,
appropriate feedback on performance; reinforces efforts and
* Explains and models: provides instruction, positive models and
opportunities to develop skills and understanding.
* Assists in collection of meaningful data to capture the
* Analyzes data for root cause analysis utilizing standard PI
* Assists with the implementation of new performance plans.
* Collects and reviews data to determine progress.
* Complies with safety standards and reports safety issues as
* Completes Annual Specific Specialty Competencies.
* Adheres to all Customer Service Standards of Excellence as
identified in the statement.
* Plans and implements service level initiatives specific to PSMS
* Utilizes the nursing process: patient advocacy, maintenance of
aseptic technique, medication administration, documentation of
treatments and care, management of equipment, patient safety and
monitoring of vital signs.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
* Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) certification must be presented upon hire.
* If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) must be presented
* (ONS) Chemo/Bio course complete within 2 years of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
* If in an Adult/Combined EDs, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire.
* If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire.
Complexity of Work:
* All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance
outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as
applied to the position:
* World Class Service Orientation: Demonstrates courteous, polite,
friendly and cooperative behaviors toward others.
* Supports and participates in activities that promote customer
satisfaction. Utilizes approved hospital scripts.
* Courteously answers the telephone utilizing approved script
(department, name and "How can I help you").
* Assists in answering call lights when on the nursing units
(includes ancillary and non-patient care personnel).
* Answers call lights within 4 rings.
* Acknowledges patients/guests/others immediately upon entering the
* Communicates and follows the organizational chain of command for
notification of patient care/service issues, when appropriate.
(Calls are answered within 4 rings.)
* Attitude: Chooses to have a positive attitude every day.
* Customer waiting: Updates waiting patient/family per protocol.
(Scheduled visit every 10 minutes, unscheduled every 30
* Adaptability: Exhibits good communication and listening
* Speaks clearly, actively listens.
* Able to work with diverse populations (patient, staff,
physicians) under difficult and stressful situations.
* Supports the team approach.
* Committed to Customer Service standards.
* Encourages patients and family members to ask questions.
* Avoids jargon.
* Teamwork: Understands and supports the needs of individuals in
other departments, works as a team to achieve mutual goals. Offers
assistance and promptly responds to requests (patient, physician,
manager and others).
* Performs any other duties or responsibilities that may be
* Carries Spectralink phone at all times.
* Updates patient boards with numbers.
* (Appropriate personnel). Attends 90% of all staff meetings.
* Participates in coordination/delivery of approved Facility
* Efficiency and Effectiveness: Offers suggestions for departmental
and/or hospital-wide performance/process improvement.
* Intervenes to correct problems (patient and system) as they
* Notifies manager/director of actions and outcome.
* Participates in the performance/process improvement process.
* Completes required logs and quality controls as per
hospital/department requirements (crash cart, 24 hour chart check,
narcotic count, point of care testing, etc.).
* Work Habits: Readily accepts work assignments in a positive
* Performs work that is accurate, neat and consistent.
* Documentation is legible.
* Safety: Keeps work area neat and maintains equipment in
accordance with health and safety codes.
* Uses Standard precautions in all patient contacts.
* Provides a safe environment for patients/family and visitors, and
reports safety issues and equipment failures appropriately.
* Confidentiality: Sensitive information including, but not limited
to, patient records, charts, hospital documents and employee
information is kept confidential without exception, according to
* Ensures that the rights of all patients are respected and
maintained by allowing for privacy, cultural diversity and dignity
in the provision of care.
* Demonstrates organizational skills in the form of prioritization
and time management.
* Essential Job Requirements: Policies/Procedures: Is aware of and
follows all hospital, corporate, regional, and departmental
policies and procedures.
* Appearance: Projects a professional image, follows the hospital
dress code policy and/or department requirements. Wears hospital ID
badge at all times on duty.
* Attendance: Employee reports to work each regularly scheduled
work day. Does not take advantage of sick time.
* Punctuality: Clocks in by the scheduled start time of the shift
and is ready for work.
* Continues working until scheduled departure time.
* Leaves as scheduled unless overtime is approved by
* Managerial Responsibilities: Makes suggestions to reduce waste.
Ensures that personnel and supplies of the organization are used in
a cost effective manner.
* Identifies cost saving strategies for department/hospital.
Submits accurate and timely hospital charges for
department/hospital. Will take the time to speak with an employee
(privately) if they observe or overhear that an employee is not
being an ambassador of the hospital.
* Understands how individual job performance affects department and
* Identifies and communicates opportunities to improve service or
* Participates in hospital/departmental committees to improve
service and streamline organizational processes.
* Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those
functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this
* This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive
nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign
other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital
setting required for acute care settings.
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
* Requires frequent walking from department to department; requires
sitting at a workstation or desk; requires standing; work may
include occasional pushing and/or pulling, lifting, and carrying
objects weighing up to 50 lbs., such as files, documents and
* Work requires finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination to
operate a computer keyboard at a moderate skill level.
* Mental Demands: Ability to work at a fast pace and prioritize
multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous requests;
ability to resolve conflicts among staff and to work
collaboratively with department directors, physicians and other
members of the healthcare team; ability to ensure operational
efficiency; ability to problem-solve and make decisions; ability to
exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with
multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
as required for procedures.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic in Florida - Weston, Fort Lauderdale , RN Hospital - Full Time Days, IMCU/Stepdown Unit - Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!