Behavioral Health Supervisor
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Behavioral Health Supervisor
Full-Time, 0.9 FTE, Nights
HCA FL Woodmont Hospital
HCA FL Woodmont Hospital is a 317-bed acute care hospital offering
a wide range of surgical and medical services Since opening in
1974, we have distinguished ourselves as a leader in breakthroughs
in orthopedic care as well as joint replacement. We continue to
build on this tradition in our Orthopedic and Spine Institute. Our
Center for Behavioral Health offers inpatient child, adolescent,
adult, and geriatric services while our outpatient services include
a Partial hospitalization program (PHP), an intensive outpatient
program (IOP), and a 24-hour behavioral health support hotline.
They are also a certified Baker Act receiving facility. HCA FL
Woodmont is licensed by Florida's Agency for Health Care
Administration and certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary
Stroke Center. Our family-friendly ER provides expert,
compassionate care for patients of all ages and special
accommodations for seniors. Other specialty services include a
wound care center as well as comprehensive diagnostic services
accredited in multiple modalities including pediatric CT imaging by
the American College of Radiology.
We continue a proud tradition of providing high-quality
personalized care in our local community. Explore possibilities to
join our team where colleagues are valued and pledge to treat one
another with loyalty, respect, and dignity.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they
need. At University Hospital and Medical Center, we offer an array
of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on
perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and
your family's needs. Some of the unique benefits we offer
* Student Loan Repayment*
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
* If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to
confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Registered Nurse (RN)
for our Behavioral Health Supervisor position. The staff member
must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational needs,
safety needs and related criteria appropriate to the age(s) of the
patients served in the assigned position. As a Behavioral Health
Supervisor, some of your primary responsibilities will be to:
* Demonstrate awareness of and respect for patient/family/SO needs
in relation to confidentiality, privacy, security, complaint
resolution, and spiritual and cultural needs.
* Understand the process for resolution of ethical issues and how
to initiate ethics consult and implements as needed.
* Evaluate behavioral observations/changes in patient status and
coordinates and implements interventions with the treatment
* Demonstrate responsibility of assessment and implementing Plan of
Care based on assessments and patient care needs.
* Analyze information from initial assessments to identify
discharge planning needs and incorporates them into Care Plan.
* Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the performance
of patient monitoring responsibilities in accordance with
Department/Unit Standards and patient orders.
* Assess patients for fall and/or injury risk and implements
appropriate safety precautions.
* Demonstrate an ability to exercise independent judgment in time
of need and emergency situations.
* Administer medication as per Hospital Policy and Procedures.
* Demonstrate knowledge of specific behavioral health disorders and
treatment modalities for the specific patient population of the
* Follow all Hospital Policies and Procedures related to the use of
seclusion and/or restraint.
* Ensure continuity of care through accurate and consistent
communication of patient information with other
* Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized
Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements,
including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration
* American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
* Two (2) years Associate Degree in Nursing (ASN) required.
* Four (4) years Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
* Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certification required.
* Registered Nurse Certified (RN-C) preferred.
* One year of experience supervisory experience required
Keywords: HCA, Fort Lauderdale , Behavioral Health Supervisor, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!