Registered Nurse - Ambulatory Surgery Center - PACU - Recovery Room - PACU - Post Anesthetic Care
Company: Cleveland Clinic in Florida - Weston
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Registered Nurse - Ambulatory Surgery Center - PACU - Recovery
RoomCleveland Clinic is a top hospital in the nation and a premier
destination for nurses. We provide a dynamic and technologically
advanced environment that allows you to discover, learn and grow.
We want you to remain professionally challenged as you shape the
nursing career of your dreams. We truly hope you will ---nd where
you belong, here at Cleveland Clinic.
A Registered Nurse in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit at Cleveland
Clinic Ambulatory Surgery Center provides care to pre- and post-op
patients for a large variety of ambulatory surgical cases,
including but not limited to ENT, General Surgery, Gynecology,
Orthopaedic Surgery, and Urology, following established standards,
department guidelines and hospital policies and procedures. The RN
will use their strong assessment and critical thinking skills to
collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team in order to provide
the best outcomes for each patient. This role plays an integral
part in ensuring patient advocacy and safety. Previous RN
experience in an acute care setting is required. The shift will
primarily be 8am-6:30pm with possible on-call weekday requirements,
* Establish and maintain courteous and cooperative relations with
patients and other users of the ASC.
* Oversees the clinical practice of nursing in the ASC including
assessing patient care needs and planning the delivery of care
utilizing the nursing process in a variety of settings.
* Directs other caregivers in providing patient care.
* Assumes charge responsibilities and resolves problems.
* Reports variances from standard practice to the Nurse
* Develops educational material and provides health education to
patients and families.
* Processes patients through the ASC.
* Assesses the level of personnel skills and the availability of
resources to meet established patient outcomes.
* Actively participates in attaining ASC goals and mission.
* Monitors and evaluates cost effective practices within the
* Participates in the development and utilization of quality
monitoring programs within the ASC.
* Responsible for personal and staff development by maintaining
* Completes all mandatory nursing competencies and educational
requirements within a defined time frame.
* Participates in the preparation of staff development programs.
Identifies self-learning needs, establishes personal and
professional goals to meet those needs and evaluates attainment of
* Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in the
* Contributes to the positive atmosphere of the workplace.
* Interacts with patients, visitors and staff in a courteous,
* Demonstrates respect for the cultural and social differences that
exist among people.
* Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patient,
families and staff members.
* Resolves conflict in a positive manner.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
* Current state license as Registered Nurse (RN).
* Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) complete ACLS training successfully within 6
months of hire.
* If performing moderate/procedural sedation must have Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
Complexity of Work:
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
* Current demonstrated clinical proficiency.
* Ability to establish and maintain courteous and cooperative
relations with patients and other users of the ASC.
* One year of clinical experience as a RN in a perioperative or
critical care setting.
* Three years Surgical Technician experience may substitute for the
one year clinical RN experience.
* Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic in Florida - Weston, Fort Lauderdale , Registered Nurse - Ambulatory Surgery Center - PACU - Recovery Room - PACU - Post Anesthetic Care, Healthcare , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!