RN Hospital - Oncology/Telemetry - Days/Nights - Oncology
Company: Cleveland Clinic in Florida - Weston
Posted on: August 2, 2022
RN Hospital - Oncology/Telemetry - Days/NightsCleveland Clinic
is a top hospital in the nation and a premier destination for
nurses. We provide a dynamic and technologically advanced
environment that allows you to discover, learn and grow. We want
you to remain professionally challenged as you shape the nursing
career of your dreams. In our Oncology/Telemetry unit we provide
exemplary care to address an array of hematologic malignancies, in
addition to caring for complex Cardiac and Surgical patients. Our
Oncology/Telemetry unit at Weston, FL has been the TOP performing
unit in safety for the last two years with the highest inpatient
customer satisfaction scores. We truly hope you will find where you
belong, here at Cleveland Clinic - Oncology/Telemetry!
* Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Implements and monitors patient care plans.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
* Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness and
timeliness of care and/or interventions.
* Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
* Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
* Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing protocol.
* Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
* Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant others
considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
* Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
* Validates and documents patient and family understanding of
* Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing
formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
* Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
* Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
* ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 1 year of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
Complexity of Work:
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital
setting required for acute care settings.
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or skilled
nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab
experience required for rehab care settings.
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
* Will consider licensed military RN experience.
* Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
* Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
* Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
* Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
* Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
* Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic in Florida - Weston, Fort Lauderdale , RN Hospital - Oncology/Telemetry - Days/Nights - Oncology, Healthcare , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!