Occupational Health Registered Nurse - Occupational Health
Company: Cleveland Clinic in Florida - Weston
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Occupational Health Registered NurseCoordinates and provides
direct clinical care to the organization's employees in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
healthcare organization. Practices are followed to ensure employee
compliance with Joint Commission, Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA), Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC) and
other regulatory agencies.
* Coordinates and provides direct clinical care to employees with a
demonstrated knowledge of multiple disease processes.
* Works with providers in relation to return to work and workers
* Determines cost-effective ways to maximize wellness, prevent
illness, disease and disability.
* Utilizes problem solving capabilities, critical thinking skills,
and strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
* Performs clinical activities which include but are not limited
to; vision screens, venipuncture, TB testing, vaccinations, COC
urine collection, breath alcohol testing, audiometry, spirometry,
respiratory fit testing, health assessments, blood borne pathogen
* Coordinates and tracks compliance programs to meet standards of
regulatory agencies for the health and safety of employees.
* Supports clinical manager in the oversight of clinical
operations, scheduling, staffing, and delegation of duties.
* Maintains appropriate certifications.
* Works as part of an interdisciplinary team and attends
appropriate hospital committee meetings.
* Enhances professional development by networking, reading or
attending conferences on current Employee Health related
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
* Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
Complexity of Work:
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
* Two years of clinical experience required.
* Two years of employee health experience with certification in COC
urine specimen collection, breath alcohol testing, audiology,
spirometry and venipuncture skills preferred.
* Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Even though the
weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be
rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a
significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the
time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls;
and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace
entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even
though the weight of those materials is negligible.
* Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production
rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is
physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force
exerted is negligible.
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic in Florida - Weston, Fort Lauderdale , Occupational Health Registered Nurse - Occupational Health, Healthcare , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!