(F/T) Registered Nurse 2- BMT Triage-Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
Company: UHealth University of Miami Health System
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Current Employees: If you are a current Staff, Faculty or
Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to
log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn
how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career
worklet, please review this tip sheet. Transforming Lives The
University of Miami is among the top research universities and
academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest
private employers in South Florida. With more than 16,000 faculty
and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by
a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its
students, patients, members of the community, and people across the
globe. The University is committed to fostering a culture of
belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to
add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility,
Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U
community works together to create an environment driven by
purpose, excellence, community, and service. The BMT Unit has an
exciting opportunity for a BMT Triage Nurse: The BMT Triage
- Assures that communication with each caller will be handled in
a professional and tactful manner.
- When appropriate, the caller's symptoms will be assessed and
triaged using the nursing process and approved guidelines to assist
in obtaining the appropriate level of care and/or self-care
- This position reports to the Outpatient Nurse Manager.
- Respond promptly to each incoming call.
- Check voicemails in a timely manner.
- If call warrants a triage, the caller's stated symptoms will be
assessed to determine the appropriate level of care required to
safely meet the patient's medical needs. (Emergent, urgent,
non-urgent or home care status)
- Utilize all resources and guidelines at his/her disposal to
effectively assess, prioritize, advise, schedule, or refer calls
when necessary to the appropriate medical provider or
- Assesses assigned patients and evaluates plans to include
documentation of nursing care.
- Reports symptoms and changes in patients' condition and vital
- Modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patients'
responses, conditions and physician orders.
- Reviews, evaluates and reports diagnostic tests to assess
- Consults with physicians and other healthcare professionals
related to assigned patients to assess, plan, implement and
evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepares patients for, and assists with examinations,
procedures and treatments.
- Considers patient age and culture during patient treatments and
provides any needed information regarding treatment plan.
- Nurtures a compassionate environment by providing psychological
- Performs appropriate patient tests and safely administers
medications within the scope of practice.
- Administers and maintains accurate records related to
medications and treatments as per regulatory bodies, policies,
procedures and physician orders.
- Communicates plan of care in a timely manner to patient and
family, as well as the appropriate team members, ensuring
compliance with all regulatory guidelines (i.e. HIPAA).
- Uses best practices for transition of patient care.
- Uses available resources to assist in discharge
- Plans, prioritizes, and adjusts assignments to accomplish goals
and render superior patient care; seeks assistance when
- Adapts to changing work demands and environment.
- Safely operates medical equipment.
- Serves as a preceptor and assists new staff in the provision of
care in order to help them acclimate to the healthcare environment,
and a direct patient care role.
- Provides concise and constructive feedback when
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures
and safeguards University assets.
#Talroo This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to
be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or
responsibilities as necessary. CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, Bachelor's
degree (BSN) preferred. RNs hired with an Associates (ASN) degree
have 2 years to complete the BSN degree.
Certification and Licensing:
- Valid Florida Registered Nurse License;
- BLS, ACLS from AHA
- ONS card
Experience: Minimum 2 years of nursing experience Knowledge, Skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety guidelines and
procedures (i.e. sanitation, decontamination etc.)
- Excellent patient experience skills
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition
remission and more. UHealth-University of Miami Health System,
South Florida's only university-based health system, provides
leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research
and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an
academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin
America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100
specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million
patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has
earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and
patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for. Patient
safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the
flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami
Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide
ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and
clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or
clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination.
Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or
termination of employment. The University of Miami is an Equal
Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on
certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for
additional information. Job Status:
Full time Employee Type:
Staff Pay Grade:
Associated topics: asn, care, coronary, infusion, intensive care
unit, neonatal, staff nurse, surgery, tcu, transitional
Keywords: UHealth University of Miami Health System, Fort Lauderdale , (F/T) Registered Nurse 2- BMT Triage-Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!