Social Worker Neuroscience (MSW)
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 12, 2022
- Demonstrates the knowledge and ability to care for age specific
needs of the population served as measured by completion of
mandatory training and direct observation by supervisor.
- Demonstrates an understanding of illness/recovery and the
impact on patients and families.
- Responds to campus wide referrals same working day.
- Identifies significant psychosocial issues and implements
appropriate social service interventions and continuing care
options through the process of data collection, data analysis and
implementation of a care plan based on identified needs.
- Utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to ensure continuity of
care and comprehensive patient services to maximize the
effectiveness of social service interventions.
- Develops and sustains positive working relationship with
patients, families, physicians, nurses and ancillary personnel to
promote open communications.
- Acts as a resource to patients, families, physicians, and staff
regarding internal/external resources. Initiates team conferences
to facilitate discussion/consensus regarding complex cases.
- Uses crisis intervention techniques to calm, comfort and
stabilize patient/families under stress.
- Utilizes knowledge to coordinate realistic referrals and
continuing care plans to meet the needs, age, and health status of
- Informs the patients, families and anyone accountable for the
continuing care of the patient of their role and responsibilities
relating to the continuing care plan.
- Utilizes appropriate clinical intervention skills to assist
patient, families, and staff with their abilities to cope based on
- Documents on CM progress notes, multidisciplinary problem list
and interdisciplinary education records to provide clear, concise
record of social work services and interventions.
- Facilitates/coordinates timely transfer and discharge of
patients with complex needs.
- Facilitates/coordinates inpatient and outpatient dialysis
- In collaboration with the clinical and medical staff discloses
medical errors to patients and families in accordance with existing
patient safety plan and disclosure policy.
- Assists in developing and maintaining the electronic case
management resource manual.
- Acts as a campus wide resource regarding the Baker Act.
- Attends to represent CCF @ the Broward County Baker Act Task
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- Master's degree in Social Work. Certifications:
- State Licensed Social Worker (LSW) preferred. Complexity of
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance
outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as
applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior,
interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to
respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in
a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to
fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work
environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of
desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant
policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work
environment, including maintenance of required competencies and
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall
accountability for assigned work group relative to operational
goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those
functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this
classification. This description of duties is not intended to be
all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of
supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of
- Must possess strong organizational and prioritization skills
and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills adaptable to individual levels
- Critical thinking, problem solving and deductive reasoning
- Must be dependable, self-directed, and pleasant.
- Must be able to participate collaboratively with all members of
the care team.
- Adaptable and flexible to meet patient/family, department and
- Basic computer skills with familiarity with Windows based
- Experience in crisis intervention, psychosocial and therapeutic
- Knowledge of acute care regulatory/accreditation requirements
- Experience in utilization management, managed care, quality and
payor issues. Work Experience:
- Minimum of one year of clinical experience required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in hospital/healthcare
Social Work preferred. Physical Requirements:
- Requires frequent walking from department to department.
- Requires sitting at a workstation or desk.
- Requires standing.
- Work may include occasional publishing and/or pulling, lifting
and carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds, -such as files,
documents and computer printouts.
- Work requires finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination to
operate a computer keyboard at a moderate skill level. Personal
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures. -
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Fort Lauderdale , Social Worker Neuroscience (MSW), Healthcare , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!