RN- Critical Care Staffing Pool-Weston Hospital
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Provides direct patient care based upon nursing assessment to
patients who have a variety of medical and/or surgical conditions,
from adolescent to geriatric, following established standards,
department guidelines and hospital policies and procedures.
Utilizes the nursing process which includes: patient advocacy,
maintenance of aseptic technique, medication administration,
documentation of treatments and care, management of equipment,
patient safety and monitoring of vital signs. Coordinates care with
other disciplines related to patient education and care goals for
discharge and optimal health status.
This position is eligible for the Student Loan Repayment
Cleveland Clinic is always creating new ways to support our
caregivers, because we believe in caring for you both personally
and professionally. We are proud to invite our registered nurses to
participate in our new student loan repayment program. This program
is available for select RN jobs at all U.S. Cleveland Clinic
The RN selected for this position will be eligible for tuition
reimbursement, relocation assistance, and student loan repayment as
a part of our many offerings to invest in your health, well-being
and future. Apply today and be comforted in knowing you have the
stability and security you need to practice amazing medicine while
moving forward in your career.
Program Offering Overview
For full-time nurses: up to $437.50 per month/lifetime maximum
program benefit of $15,750
For part-time nurses: up to $218.75 per month/lifetime maximum
program benefit of $7,500
* Additional details may apply
* Provides direct patient care based upon nursing assessment to
patients who have a variety of medical and/or surgical conditions,
following established standards, department guidelines and hospital
policies and procedures.
* Involves patient/family in the development of care plan. Updates
care plan daily.
* Collaborates with members of multidisciplinary team regarding
each patient's care.
* Prioritizes and performs direct care to patients according to
* Explains and documents procedures and interventions.
* Identifies and performs appropriately in emergent situations.
* Assists multidisciplinary team with all processes related to
* Delegates responsibilities to staff based on patient needs and
* Utilizes and documents patient safety restraints per hospital
* Demonstrates the ability to insert and manage the care for all
IV's, both peripheral and central access, per hospital policy.
* Documents medications on medication administration record
* Monitors patient's response to medications; documents and reports
* Reports medication errors and adverse reactions per hospital
* Demonstrates knowledge concerning medications, including side
effects; educates patients on their medications and their side
* Safely administers blood and blood products per hospital
* Verifies patient ID per hospital policy.
* Performs all pyxis monitoring and counts per hospital policy.
* Ensures medications are wasted and documented as appropriate.
* Assesses patient/family educational readiness and barriers.
* Develops plan based on educational assessment.
* Documents educational assessment, plan, intervention and
* Utilizes critical thinking based on data.
* Rounds on patients with physician and other members of the
healthcare team as appropriate when making decision.
* Collaborates in the assignment of patients to staff based on
acuity and competency of staff.
* Functions as charge nurse on unit.
* Participates in coordination/delivery of approved Facility
* Collaborates with others to seek solutions to complex issues; is
sensitive to the operations and feelings of others.
* Focuses on the potential positive outcomes when exploring the
* Remains objective to the view and conflicts of others.
* Focuses on the issues/concerns and not the person.
* Builds common ground for points of agreement/disagreement.
* Engages in mutual problem solving by brainstorming alternative
positions, solutions and approaches.
* Utilizes integrity and honesty.
* Keeps commitments and is consistent.
* Discloses own position and thoughts and rationales in order to
* Remains open to ideas and listens to others and objectively
considers other's ideas and opinions.
* Support others; treats people with dignity, respect and fairness;
displays sensitivity to patients and their need for privacy.
* Develops direction.
* Ensures that the purpose and importance of the team are
clarified; clarifies roles and responsibilities.
* Facilitates goal accomplishment; makes procedural or process
suggestions; provides necessary resources and removes
* Sets performance goals; collaboratively works with direct reports
to set meaningful objectives; implements system to track
performance against goals; holds regular formal discussions to
discuss progress toward goals and review performance.
* Clarifies current situation; carries expected behaviors and level
of proficiency; provides feedback and reinforcement; gives timely,
appropriate feedback on performance; reinforces efforts and
* Explains and models: provides instruction, positive models and
opportunities to develop skills and understanding.
* Assists in collection of meaningful data to capture the
processes. Analyzes data for root cause analysis utilizing standard
* Assists with the implementation of new performance plans.
* Collects and reviews data to determine progress.
* Complies with safety standards and reports safety issues as
* Completes Annual Specific Specialty Competencies.
* Adheres to all Customer Service Standards of Excellence as
identified in the statement.
* Plans and implements service level initiatives specific to PSMS
* Utilizes the nursing process: patient advocacy, maintenance of
aseptic technique, medication administration, documentation of
treatments and care, management of equipment, patient safety and
monitoring of vital signs.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
* State licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) and Basic Life Support (BLS) through American
Heart Association (AHA) certification required.
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) certification for those working in the Emergency
Complexity of Work:
* All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance
outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as
applied to the position:
* Age Specific: is cognizant and demonstrates ability to alter
communication patterns related to patient's age and developmental
* World Class Service Orientation: Demonstrates courteous, polite,
friendly and cooperative behaviors toward others.
* Supports and participates in activities that promote customer
satisfaction. Utilizes approved hospital scripts.
* Courteously answers the telephone utilizing approved script
(department, name and "How can I help you").
* Assists in answering call lights when on the nursing units
(includes ancillary and non-patient care personnel).
* Answers call lights within 4 rings.
* Acknowledges patients/guests/others immediately upon entering the
* Communicates and follows the organizational chain of command for
notification of patient care/service issues, when appropriate.
(Calls are answered within 4 rings.)
* Attitude: Chooses to have a positive attitude every day.
* Customer waiting: Updates waiting patient/family per protocol.
(Scheduled visit every 10 minutes, unscheduled every 30
* Adaptability: Exhibits good communication and listening skills.
Speaks clearly, actively listens. Able to work with diverse
populations (patient, staff, physicians) under difficult and
stressful situations. Supports the team approach.
* Committed to Customer Service standards.
* Encourages patients and family members to ask questions.
* Avoids jargon.
* Teamwork: Understands and supports the needs of individuals in
other departments, works as a team to achieve mutual goals.
* Offers assistance and promptly responds to requests (patient,
physician, manager and others).
* Performs any other duties or responsibilities that may be
assigned. Carries Spectralink phone at all times.
* Updates patient boards with numbers. (Appropriate personnel).
* Attends 90% of all staff meetings. Participates in
coordination/delivery of approved Facility events.
* Efficiency and Effectiveness: Offers suggestions for departmental
and/or hospital-wide performance/process improvement. Intervenes to
correct problems (patient and system) as they occur. Notifies
manager/director of actions and outcome. Participates in the
performance/process improvement process. Completes required logs
and quality controls as per hospital/department requirements (crash
cart, 24 hour chart check, narcotic count, point of care testing,
* Work Habits: Readily accepts work assignments in a positive
manner. Performs work that is accurate, neat and consistent.
Documentation is legible.
* Safety: Keeps work area neat and maintains equipment in
accordance with health and safety codes. Uses Standard precautions
in all patient contacts. Provides a safe environment for
patients/family and visitors, and reports safety issues and
equipment failures appropriately.
* Confidentiality: Sensitive information including, but not limited
to, patient records, charts, hospital documents and employee
information is kept confidential without exception, according to
HIPAA guidelines. Ensures that the rights of all patients are
respected and maintained by allowing for privacy, cultural
diversity and dignity in the provision of care. Demonstrates
organizational skills in the form of prioritization and time
* Job Requirements: Policies/Procedures: Is aware of and follows
all hospital, corporate, regional, and departmental policies and
* Appearance: Projects a professional image, follows the hospital
dress code policy and/or department requirements. Wears hospital ID
badge at all times on duty.
* Attendance: Employee reports to work each regularly scheduled
work day. Does not take advantage of sick time. (To score a 3,
employee must have no absences for the year).
* Punctuality: Clocks in by the scheduled start time of the shift
and is ready for work. Continues working until scheduled departure
time. Leaves as scheduled unless overtime is approved by
* Managerial Responsibilities: Makes suggestions to reduce waste.
Ensures that personnel and supplies of the organization are used in
a cost effective manner. Identifies cost saving strategies for
department/hospital. Submits accurate and timely hospital charges
for department/hospital. Offers opinions and information that
reflect positively on Cleveland Clinic Hospital. Will take the time
to speak with an employee (privately) if they observe or overhear
that an employee is not being an ambassador of the hospital.
Understands how individual job performance affects department and
hospital growth. Identifies and communicates opportunities to
improve service or care. Participates in hospital/departmental
committees to improve service and streamline organizational
* Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those
functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this
classification. This description of duties is not intended to be
all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of
supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of
* For RN Specialty /Telemetry: Minimum 2 years of acute care
experience in areas utilizing telemetry monitoring such as:
cardiac, step-down, medical / surgical telemetry units.
* For RN Specialty/Critical Care/ED: At least 2 years of acute care
experience in the relevant specialty area (ICU, Emergency
* Requires frequent walking from department to department.
* Requires sitting at a work-station or desk.
* Requires standing.
* Work may include occasional pushing and/or pulling, lifting, and
carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds, such as files, documents
and computer printouts.
* Work requires finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination to
operate a computer keyboard at a moderate skill level.
* Mental Demands: Ability to work at a fast pace and prioritize
multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous requests;
ability to resolve conflicts among staff and to work
collaboratively with department directors, physicians and other
members of the healthcare team; ability to ensure operational
efficiency; ability to problem-solve and make decisions; ability to
exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with
multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention
program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required
to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an
influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Fort Lauderdale , RN- Critical Care Staffing Pool-Weston Hospital, Healthcare , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!