Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Kindred Hospital
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Speech Language Pathologist - Acute Rehab Unit - Fort
Lauderdale, FloridaDescriptionPosition: Speech Language Pathologist
Setting: Acute Rehab Unit FTE: Full-time City / State: Ft.
Lauderdale, FL -- Must have CCCs -- Kindred Rehabilitation Services
is the largest diversified provider of rehabilitation therapy in
the country. Through Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services, we
provide leading therapy to more than 2,000 sites of service across
different settings in the care continuum and have been managing
rehab for more than 30 years. We provide rehabilitation services,
including physical, occupational and speech-language therapies to
virtually every care setting including inpatient, outpatient,
skilled nursing, home health, long-term acute care and assisted
living. With locations across 47 states, we are certain to have a
rehab job for you. -- Your career growth begins when you join an
interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other
experts work together to form individualized care plans for our
patients and residents. Opportunities through our development
programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only
allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to
investing in our employees and developing future healthcare
leaders. -- The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an
individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and
creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee's
dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each
patient, resident and family we serve. Ranked as one of Fortune
magazine's "Most Admired Healthcare Company" for 8 years, Kindred
welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches
lives. -- As a Speech Language Pathologist / SLP you will:
- Play an important part in helping our--patient to recover and
feel better about themselves by providing therapy to maximize
speech, language, cognitive and swallowing abilities.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and
other team members; assist with patient scheduling and post charges
daily to patient records.
- Document patient care in accordance with Peoplefirst,
regulatory, licensing, payer and accrediting requirements.
- Instruct patient's family or nursing staff in follow-through
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean
- Make presentations to support marketing efforts, at team
conferences and in-services.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the Company's
Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement,
appropriate professional standard and applicable state/federal
laws. -- Qualifications As a Speech Language Pathologist / SLP you
- Graduate of a master's level program in Speech Language
Pathology which is accredited by Education Standards Board or whose
practice meets ASHA certification requirements.
- Meet the education and experience requirements for
Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology
or Audiology granted by ASHA
- Minimum of six months speech therapist / speech language
pathologist experience working with an adult and geriatric
- Current and unrestricted Speech Language Pathologist license in
the state where services are rendered.
- Current CPR certification.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. If you are a
current Kindred--employee .
Keywords: Kindred Hospital, Fort Lauderdale , Speech Language Pathologist , Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!