Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 13, 2022
- Responsible for patient care by continuously practicing within
the guidelines of CCF policies and procedures as evidenced by
accuracy in medication administration.
- Provides accurate medication administration, nursing
documentation such as: medical records, authorization forms,
laboratory requisitions. Implements pain management assessment and
- Demonstrates knowledge of disease process and therapeutics by
recognizing changes in patients' status and reports pertinent
information to Charge Nurse or Physicians.
- Recognizes and follows through with nursing intervention.
- Demonstrates knowledge of various age related concerns as
observed through appropriate nursing interventions by the
Physicians or Charge Nurse and documentation.
- Utilizes opportunity for health teaching of patient, family and
- . Utilizes appropriate teaching methods related to growth and
development and age specific factors evidenced by documentation in
the patient's medical record.
- Participates in the departmental orientation of new employees
in a positive manner, shares knowledge, experiences, and provides
guidance when assigned.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at
- Performs patient teaching as needed under the supervision of
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined by
- Follows Code Blue protocol as per Clinic Policy.
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- Graduate of Accredited LPN program.
- Knowledge of Infection Control Practices.
- Is cognizant of the physical and general characteristics of the
various age groups as observed by the Nurse Manager or
- Computer literate. Certifications:
- Florida Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification Advanced Cardiac Life
Support (ACLS) preferred if working in Cardiology. Complexity of
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance
outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as
applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior,
interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to
respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in
a positive manner.
- Has verbal knowledge of Dr. Lower's Credo: A PATIENT is the
most important person in this institution - in person or by mail. A
PATIENT is not dependent on us - we are dependent on him. - PATIENT
is not an interruption of our work - he is the purpose of it. A
PATIENT in not an outsider to our business - he is part of it. A
PATIENT is not someone to argue or match wits with. A PATIENT is a
person and not a statistic. He has feelings, emotions, biases,
prejudices and wants. It is our job to satisfy him.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to
fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work
environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of
desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant
policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work
environment, including maintenance of required competencies and
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall
accountability for assigned work group relative to operational
goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints. Work
- One (1) year clinical experience preferred. Physical
- Essential Duties: This position requires knowledge of all
aspects of patient care including assessing; planning,
coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the patients progress
through the entire continuum of car in conjunction with the R.N. or
- Physical Duties: This position requires frequent walking,
sitting, and standing.
- Frequent talking and listening when giving instruction and
- Frequent use of the phone; fax machines, and occasional use of
- Work is heavy, constant lifting and moving patients, carrying
equipment, supplies and material up to 50 pounds without help and
over 50 pounds with the help of mechanical devices or other
- You will be stooping, pushing and pulling when moving patient
into position for treatment; also you will be reaching, handling,
feeling and manipulation of equipment into position.
- Working Conditions: The majority of the time employee spends
indoors in air-conditioned areas.
- The potential for exposure to blood and blood borne pathogens
- Clinical exposure to patients requires the use of personal
protective equipment. Personal Protective Equipment:
- This position is high exposure to infectious wastes such as
blood and bodily fluids that mandate the wearing of gloves, masks,
gowns, and goggles as appropriate.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.Functions as a member of the
Patient Care Team by utilizing knowledge of nursing theory and
disease processes in order to provide professional nursing care to
patients as appropriate.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Fort Lauderdale , Urology LPN, Healthcare , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!