Cardiology LPN perdiem-2
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 13, 2022
- Implements patient care by continuously practicing within the
guidelines of CCF policies and procedures as evidenced by accuracy
in medication administration.
- Completes accurate and descriptive nursing documentation to
include maintaining complete and up-to-date documentation and files
at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately complete required
documentation (medical records, authorization forms, laboratory
requisitions) legibly and concisely.
- Skilled in pain management assessment and documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of disease process and therapeutics with
ability to recognize changes in patients' status.
- Ability to recognize and follow through appropriately with
- Reports pertinent information to Charge Nurse or
- Demonstrates knowledge of various age related concerns as
observed through appropriate nursing interventions by the
Physicians or Charge Nurse and documentation.
- Utilizes opportunity for health teaching of patient/significant
other and utilization of appropriate teaching methods related to
growth and development and age specific factors evidenced by
documentation in the patient's medical record.
- Able to establish priorities, assess workload and determine
order of importance on a daily basis with minimal guidance
- Participates in departmental orientation of new employees in a
positive manner, shares knowledge, experiences, and provides
guidance when assigned, as evidenced by feedback from new
- Performs patient teaching as needed under the supervision of
RN/Physician. Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as
outlined by JCAHO.
- Follows Code Blue protocol as per Clinic Policy Performs any
other duties as assigned. Education:
- Graduate of Accredited LPN program.
- Knowledge of Infection Control Practices.
- Is cognizant of the physical and general characteristics of the
various age groups as observed by the Nurse Manager or
- Computer literate. Certifications:
- Florida Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification Advanced Cardiac Life
Support (ACLS) preferred if working in Cardiology. Complexity of
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance
outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as
applied to the position: World Class Service Orientation: Includes
attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that
enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer
needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Has verbal knowledge of Dr. Lower's Credo: A PATIENT is the
most important person in this institution - in person or by mail. A
PATIENT is not dependent on us - we are dependent on him. A PATIENT
is not an interruption of our work - he is the purpose of it. A
PATIENT in not an outsider to our business - he is part of it. A
PATIENT is not someone to argue or match wits with. A PATIENT is a
person and not a statistic. He has feelings, emotions, biases,
prejudices and wants. It is our job to satisfy him.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to
fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work
environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of
desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant
policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work
environment, including maintenance of required competencies and
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall
accountability for assigned work group relative to operational
goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints. Work
- One (1) year clinical experience preferred. Physical
- Essential Duties: This position requires knowledge of all
aspects of patient care including assessing; planning,
coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the patients progress
through the entire continuum of car in conjunction with the R.N. or
- Physical Duties: This position requires frequent walking,
sitting, and standing.
- Frequent talking and listening when giving instruction and
- Frequent use of the phone; fax machines, and occasional use of
- Work is heavy, constant lifting and moving patients, carrying
equipment, supplies and material up to 50 pounds without help and
over 50 pounds with the help of mechanical devices or other
- You will be stooping, pushing and pulling when moving patient
into position for treatment; also you will be reaching, handling,
feeling and manipulation of equipment into position.
- Working Conditions: The majority of the time employee spends
indoors in air-conditioned areas.
- The potential for exposure to blood and blood borne pathogens
- Clinical exposure to patients requires the use of personal
protective equipment. Personal Protective Equipment:
- This position is high exposure to infectious wastes such as
blood and bodily fluids that mandate the wearing of gloves, masks,
gowns, and goggles as appropriate.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.Functions as a member of the
Patient Care Team, demonstrates knowledge of nursing theory and
disease processes in order to provide professional nursing care to
patients as appropriate.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Fort Lauderdale , Cardiology LPN perdiem-2, Healthcare , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!