Patient Care Nurse Assistant CCFSR
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 12, 2022
- Attends to patient and family's immediate needs and problems by
acknowledging and providing required attention.
- Assists the patient with activities of daily living, including
dressing, bathing, and hygiene needs.
- Carries out nursing orders according to established policies
- Reports all pertinent information regarding patient's condition
to the appropriate nursing staff.
- Assists in providing patients with nutritional needs as per
physician order; assists patients with tray setup and feeding as
needed. Interacts with the Food and Nutrition Services to maintain
an adequate supply of nourishment for the patients. Provides
patients with hygiene, nutritional needs, ambulation, toileting,
and linen changes.
- Provides patients with respect, dignity, and privacy at all
- Organizes and prioritizes workload by determining order of
importance of task to be performed and within agreed upon time
- Follows up with appropriate personnel.
- Pays attention -when receiving instructions and follows through
work with minimum guidance and supervision.
- Works cooperatively with other team members.
- Restocks necessary supplies on a daily basis and as
- Maintains orderliness and appearance of the unit by keeping
work area clean and tidy.
- Orders supplies from Central Supply to keep the par levels with
an acceptable range.
- Transports patients on stretchers and beds in accordance within
required safety guidelines.
- Documents care provided on the medical record as
- Interacts with the Environmental Department to insure an
adequate supply of clean linen or daily patient care.
- Collects and transports specimens as directed and in accordance
with hospital policy.
- Provides RN/LPN with accurate and timely intake/output data,
vital signs, blood glucose results and other data as assigned.
- Notes changes from prior measurement and communicates
accordingly. Responds to call lights within a maximum of FIVE
minutes or communicates inability to do so to assure the response
target is met.
- Reports patient needs to RN/LPN immediately. If primary nurse
is not available the PCT makes the Clinical Shift Manager or Relief
Charge Nurse aware.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain vital signs and reports
results to RN/LPN in a timely manner. Notes changes from prior
measurement and communicates accordingly.
- Treats all customers including other members of the healthcare
team with courtesy and respect.
- Assists in the removal of equipment (e.g., IV pumps, commodes,
PAS) in preparation for room cleaning.
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of approved program for Nursing assistants or previous
hospital training preferred. Certifications:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA). Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance
outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as
applied to the position:
- Age Specific: is cognizant and demonstrates ability to alter
communication patterns related to patient's age and developmental
- World Class Service Orientation: Demonstrates courteous,
polite, friendly and cooperative behaviors toward others. Supports
and participates in activities that promote customer satisfaction.
Utilizes approved hospital scripts. Courteously answers the
telephone utilizing approved script (department, name and "How can
I help you"). Assists in answering call lights when on the nursing
units (includes ancillary and non-patient care personnel). Answers
call lights within 4 rings. Acknowledges patients/guests/others
immediately upon entering the department/work area. Communicates
and follows the organizational chain of command for notification of
patient care/service issues, when appropriate. (Calls are answered
within 4 rings.)
- Attitude: Chooses to have a positive attitude every day.
Customer waiting: Updates waiting patient/family per protocol.
(Scheduled visit every 10 minutes, unscheduled every 30
- Adaptability: Exhibits good communication and listening skills.
Speaks clearly, actively listens. Able to work with diverse
populations (patient, staff, physicians) under difficult and
stressful situations. Supports the team approach. Committed to
Customer Service standards. Encourages patients and family members
to ask questions. Avoids jargon.
- Teamwork: Understands and supports the needs of individuals in
other departments, works as a team to achieve mutual goals. Offers
assistance and promptly responds to requests (patient, physician,
manager and others). Performs any other duties or responsibilities
that may be assigned. Carries Spectralink phone at all times.
Updates patient boards with numbers. (Appropriate personnel)
Attends 90% of all staff meetings. Participates in
coordination/delivery of approved Facility events.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Offers suggestions for
departmental and/or hospital-wide performance/process improvement.
Intervenes to correct problems (patient and system) as they occur.
Notifies manager/director of actions and outcome. Participates in
the performance/process improvement process. Completes required
logs and quality controls as per hospital/department requirements
(crash cart, 24 hour chart check, narcotic count, point of care
- Work Habits: Readily accepts work assignments in a positive
manner. Performs work that is accurate, neat and consistent.
Documentation is legible.
- Safety: Keeps work area neat and maintains equipment in
accordance with health and safety codes. Uses Standard precautions
in all patient contacts. Provides a safe environment for
patients/family and visitors, and reports safety issues and
equipment failures appropriately.
- Confidentiality: Sensitive information including, but not
limited to, patient records, charts, hospital documents and
employee information is kept confidential without exception,
according to HIPAA guidelines. Ensures that the rights of all
patients are respected and maintained by allowing for privacy,
cultural diversity and dignity in the provision of care.
Demonstrates organizational skills in the form of prioritization
and time management.
- Essential Job Requirements: Policies/Procedures: Is aware of
and follows all hospital, corporate, regional, and departmental
policies and procedures.
- Appearance: Projects a professional image, follows the hospital
dress code policy and/or department requirements. Wears hospital ID
badge at all times on duty.
- Attendance: Employee reports to work each regularly scheduled
work day. Does not take advantage of sick time. (To score a 3,
employee must have no absences for the year).
- Punctuality: Clocks in by the scheduled start time of the shift
and is ready for work. Continues working until scheduled departure
time. Leaves as scheduled unless overtime is approved by
- Managerial Responsibilities: Makes suggestions to reduce waste.
Ensures that personnel and supplies of the organization are used in
a cost effective manner. Identifies cost saving strategies for
department/hospital. Submits accurate and timely hospital charges
for department/hospital. Offers opinions and information that
reflect positively on Cleveland Clinic Hospital. Will take the time
to speak with an employee (privately) if they observe or overhear
that an employee is not being an ambassador of the hospital.
Understands how individual job performance affects department and
hospital growth. Identifies and communicates opportunities to
improve service or care. Participates in hospital/departmental
committees to improve service and streamline organizational
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those
functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this
classification. This description of duties is not intended to be
all inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of
supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of
responsibility. Work Experience:
- A minimum of six months experience in an acute care hospital
setting preferred. Physical Requirements:
- The position requires a considerate amount of physical work not
to exceed 50 pounds.
- Any workload exceeding 50 pounds will require assistance.
- The individual will be required to pull up or reposition
patients in bed, lift supplies, place equipment or supports, and
push beds throughout the hospital.
- The individual must be able to bend over to perform certain
duties such as check chest tube drainage, check urine output,
- The individual must be able to quickly maneuver throughout
halls, stairways and patient rooms in response to hospital
- Interpretation of environmental input requires visual and
auditory skills. In the event there is a need to evacuate the
building, heavy lifting will be required to carry patients to
- Mental Demands: Ability to work at a fast pace and to
prioritize multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous
requests; ability to resolve conflicts among staff and to work
collaboratively with department director, physicians and other
members of the healthcare team; ability to ensure operational
efficiency; ability to problem solve and make decisions; ability to
exercise self control and tolerate stress when dealing with
multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple
- Special Demands: Essential Sensory requirement - ability to
visually assess patients and implement plan of care. Essential
Technical/Motor Skill - finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination
are necessary when charting, using equipment, and providing direct
patient care. Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures. -
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Fort Lauderdale , Patient Care Nurse Assistant CCFSR, Healthcare , Weston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!