Director of Adult Congenital Heart Disease - Cardiology
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Description Job Summary The position is primarily a clinical
position related to the diagnosis, treatment and clinical
management of pediatric patients in a multidisciplinary environment
that includes physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, clinical
scientists and social workers. The position offers a mix of general
and high acuity pediatric patients in outpatient and inpatient
settings. The position also includes teaching and supervision of
medical residents and provides opportunities to participate in
research and publishing. Minimum Job Requirements
- Board certified or eligible in the appropriate
- Current BCLS-CPR card.
- Florida medical license, DEA.
- MD or DO degree from accredited medical school.
- Meets MCH medical staff credentialing requirements.
- Minimum three years experience in pediatric setting.
Qualifications Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in customer
interactions and treatment.
- Continues to actively self-educate (i.e., reading journals, CME
credits, MCH conferences, etc.).
- Coordinates and/or develops and delivers monthly inservices to
meet staff and resident development needs.
- Coordinates follow-up of tests, lab studies, and patient
follow-up phone calls.
- Directly provides clinical services to patients including, but
not limited to: Performing and recording history and physical
examinations, Recording and interpreting pertinent patient data,
Developing and documenting a treatment plan, Writing routine orders
for appropriate laboratory studies, x-rays and consultations,
Performing patient/parent teaching, Assisting with patient
follow-up, Performing appropriate screenings, Administering
medications as required, Ordering and/or performing therapeutic and
diagnostic procedures as indicated by patient findings.
- Makes suggestions to Department Director and/or attending staff
that may be beneficial to the improvement of the department.
- Participates in Performance Improvement, Research and
- Participates in teaching of and is role model to medical
students and residents.
- Participates in the call schedule as assigned.
- Exceptional clinical, research and teaching skills and have a
commitment to academic pediatrics.
- Must be able to relate cooperatively and constructively with
patients, families and co-workers.
- Requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing and
to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Requires the ability to problem solve to formulate a plan of
care and evaluate the patient's response to care, the ability to
interpret, adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions. (EOE
Job : Physician
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital -
Main Hospital Campus
Department : NCPS-PEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGY-311
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Fort Lauderdale , Director of Adult Congenital Heart Disease - Cardiology, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!