PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT - Per Diem
Company: Catholic Health Services
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Description: Summary & ObjectiveAssistant, Physical Therapy is
responsible for administering and modifying the physical therapy
modalities of treatment as supervised by the physical therapist and
after the physical therapist has evaluated the patient and/or
resident. The Assistant, Physical Therapist aids with the
rehabilitative process and assists patients and/or residents to
reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while
learning to live within the limits of their capabilities or
overcome their particular impairment/s.Essential Functions
- Administers and modifies the plan of care for each patient
and/or resident based on initial and ongoing evaluations under the
supervision of a Therapist, Physical.
- Completes scheduled patient load.
- Completes or provides necessary MDS and Care Plan documentation
specific to Therapy, Physical.
- Completes all necessary documentation in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with Therapist, Physical on patient and/or
resident's status and reports changes as needed.*Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the position.Other Duties
- Reports patient and/or residents progress and/or changes to
other clinical personnel involved in ongoing treatment/care of
patient and/or residents.
- Provides orientation to new employees as needed.
- Maintains flexibility in assignment changes due to census
- Maintain your required license, certifications and mandatory
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- Floats to other units as assigned to meet patient and/or
resident care needs.
- Perform other duties as assignedSupervisory Responsibility
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on
- Must be able to lift or assist in lifting 250+ pounds,
push/pull up to 250+ pounds, occasionally pivot transfer 250+
pounds, walk, climb stairs or ladders, stand on feet for extended
periods of time, etc.DisclaimerThe job description is not designed
to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties,
responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any
time.EEOC StatementCHS provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.PM19. Requirements: Knowledge &
- Clear and Active Physical Therapy Assistant license to practice
in the state of Florida
- CPR certification
- Physical Therapy Assistant Degree from a physical therapy
assistant program approved by the Commission on Accreditation in
Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- 2 years clinical experience preferred
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: Catholic Health Services, Fort Lauderdale , PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT - Per Diem, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!