SUPERVISOR, NURSING Full time ( 3p-11p & 11p-7a)
Company: Catholic Health Services
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Description: Summary & ObjectiveThe Supervisor, Nursing directs
the nursing staff in implementing safe, efficient and therapeutic
nursing care for the shift. In addition, serves as a facility
representative in the absence of leadership.Essential Functions
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures and Standards
of Nursing Care
- Identifies and investigates any non-compliant matters and
communicates to appropriate leadership.
- Maintains effective communication with patient and/or resident,
responsible representative and/or legal guardian,
resident's/patient's families, physicians, nursing staff,
interdisciplinary team and nursing management team.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge and/or observations of the
Nursing process (assessment, decision making, development of care
plan, intervention, evaluation, documentation).
- Gives and receives report to/from previous shift supervisor
regarding status of patient and/or resident's in the facility.
- Ensures that staff applies the comprehensive nursing process in
a timely manner; i.e. admission assessments, interim plan of care,
fall risk and skin risk protocols/assessments.
- Conducts surveillance rounds to unit/s during assigned
- Assumes responsibility for direct care to patient and/or
resident as necessary.
- Answers call lights within appropriate established
- Conducts a comprehensive new admission assessment
- Conducts as needed, required education /training for nursing
- Maintains customer and employee satisfaction*Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the position.Other Duties
- Collaborates with health team members on the shift in
evaluating patient and/or resident's care delivery.
- Assists in counseling and writing performance evaluations on
staff on assigned shift as per facility policy.
- Participates in controlling the nursing department budget by
checking on a daily basis the FTE's based on census, ensures
personnel is correct for the following shift.
- Make any change in FTE's on the daily staffing sheets and
adjusts staffing as necessary for the next shift per FTE's
calculated in collaboration with the Coordinator, Staffing.
- Performs special assignments as requested to do so by the
Director of Nursing Services or designee on an ongoing basis.
- Supports department leadership directives to problem solve,
obtain direction, and set time frames for planned activities.
- Maintain your required certifications and mandatory skill
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- Perform other duties as assignedSupervisory Responsibility
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull
up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for
extended periods of time, etc.DisclaimerThe job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other
duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time.EEOC StatementCHS provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training..
Requirements: Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Clear and Active Registered Nurse license to practice in the
state of Florida
- CPR certification
- 1-3 years of experience in a Health Care Facility
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- BSN preferred
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: Catholic Health Services, Fort Lauderdale , SUPERVISOR, NURSING Full time ( 3p-11p & 11p-7a), Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!