Clinical Nurse Coordinator Ortho-Neurosurgery
Company: Westside Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: April 6, 2021
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Clinical Nurse Coordinator- Registered Nurse (RN)
Full-Time Nights FTE 0.9
Westside Regional Medical Center
We're always on the move. You will find it is an exciting time at
Westside Regional Medical Center, a 250-bed medical center and
healthcare complex. Westside Regional offers the community the
latest in the minimally invasive spine and colorectal surgery and
is one of only nine Joint Commission-certified centers in the
United States for minimally invasive colorectal surgery. Not only
are we certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Agency for
Health Care Administration (ACHA), but also certified as a
Thrombectomy Capable Center by the Joint Commission. We are a
teaching and research facility, offering Graduate Medical Education
(GME) programs in podiatry, surgery, and internal medicine. Since
our founding in 1974, we have been committed to expanding and
improving every facet of the organization, devoting significant
time and resources to enhancing the facility, staff, and medical
At Westside, we care like family! We invite you to explore
opportunities with a family-oriented team of more than 1,200
professionals, along with almost 750 physicians that thrive in a
fast-paced but friendly work environment. At Westside Regional
Medical Center, our medical services combined with compassionate
care, illustrate why we are one of the leading healthcare
facilities in South Florida.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they
need. At Westside Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of
medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on
perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and
your family's needs. Some of the unique benefits we offer
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)* *If applicable, please
refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit
applies to your position.
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers
high-quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all
functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In
collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC
directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with
established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for
staff, and models a commitment to the organization s
vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience
and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental
performance. As a Clinical Nurse Coordinator, some of your primary
responsibilities will be to:
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate,
evaluate, customize, and deliver high-quality, patient-centered
- Exercise judgment and provides direction regarding patient care
assignments using established policies/procedures.
- Operationalize evidence-based practices to enhance patient
safety and quality outcomes.
- Support the achievement of internal/external benchmarks,
accreditations, and designations.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory
- Ensure equipment maintenance is performed regularly and
according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- Assist with admission and discharge processes to ensure
efficient throughput and high-quality, patient-centered care.
- Participate in the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient
care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other
members of the management team.
- Represent the organization positively within the community;
participates in company-supported community/patient events and
- Assist with staff scheduling. Manage all practical aspects of
staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established
- Support proper inventory control and assists with managing
supplies and equipment.
- Lead in a way that inspires commitment to the
vision/mission/values of the organization.
- Support the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by
operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee
rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Function as a resource person for staff members. Provides
coaching, feedback, and training to improve performance and
- Provide recommendations related to interviewing, selecting, and
training new staff. Recommend and implements courses of action,
including training and development, conflict resolution, personnel
policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations, and/or
disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively superior
- Resolve and/or channel employee grievances, disputes, or
concerns according to appropriate procedures. Escalate issues as
- Support physician partnerships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Practice and adheres to the Code of Conduct and Mission and
Value Statement. Apply Now!
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida o or
Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing
Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Two (2) years Associate Degree (ASN) required
- Four (4) years Bachelor Degree (BSN) preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of clinical experience preferred.
- One (1) year of supervision experience required.Notice
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, ccu, domiciliary, hospice,
infusion, maternal, staff nurse, surgery, surgical
Keywords: Westside Regional Medical Center, Fort Lauderdale , Clinical Nurse Coordinator Ortho-Neurosurgery, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!