Occupational Therapist (Part-Time w/Benefits; Days)
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Occupational Therapist (Part-Time w/Benefits;
Days)-19892Description**Advanced Competencies in hand and brachial
plexus evaluation and treatment** Job Summary Responsible for the
evaluation, re-evaluation, development, and implementation of a
plan of care in accordance with the departmental policies and
procedures and preferred practice patterns. Minimum Job
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy
- CPR American Heart Association BLS - Maintain active and in
good standing throughout employment
- Florida Professional Occupational Therapist license or
Provisional OT license required
- Level II Background Check - Finger printing backgroundand Good
Moral Character Affidavit #CA-LB #INDHP QualificationsEssential
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and documents productivity standards set by the
Director. F: Daily/ T: 5 to 6 hours R:
- Records daily patient documentation, statistics, and charges
according to departmental standards. F: Daily/ T: 5 to 6 hours
- Develops a plan of care outlining area of deficit, target
activity, context, assistance needed, functional, realistic and
measurable goals, and/or status ongoing goals. F: Daily/ T: 5 to 6
- Recommends and provides treatment based upon medical, clinical,
functional, and observational findings. F: Daily/ T: 5 to 6 hours
- Follows TRAAC initiates, documents & prepares the
patient/family for discharge at the time of the evaluation based on
maximum potential and/or when benefit of therapy are reached. F:
Daily/ T: 5 to 6 hours R:
- Continually documents active & supportive education with the
patient, parents, and others concerned regarding progress,
problems, home programs & other issues related to the therapeutic
process. F: Daily/ T: 5 to 6 hours R:
- Maintains ongoing continuing education to maintain professional
licensure and clinical excellence. F: Quarterly/ T: 8 to 10 hours
- Supervises Assistants, Rehabilitation Aides, and others (i.e.,
interns/students) according to experience. F: As Needed/ T: as
- Master's degree preferred.
- Pediatric internship preferred.
- 2 years minimum of pediatric experience preferred.
- AOTA and FOTA memberships recommended.
- Ability to appropriately interact with patients,
parents/guardians, and healthcare professionals in all work related
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Analytical ability.
- At least 2 years of experience necessary to treat infants (0-15
months) independently as determined by meeting departmental
clinical competencies established for occupational therapy.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients,
families, and co-workers.
- Ability to problem solve to formulate a plan of care and
evaluate the patient's response to care.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful
- Serve as clinical instructor for students assigned by CCCE
after 2 years of clinical experience.
(EOE DFW) Updated 5-2020 Job:Rehab/TherapyPrimary
Location:Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital
Status:Part Time with Benefits
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Fort Lauderdale , Occupational Therapist (Part-Time w/Benefits; Days), Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!