RN- Medical Surgical /Observation (Part Time, Night shift)
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: April 4, 2021
RN- Medical Surgical /Observation (Part Time, Night
shift)-19465DescriptionJob SummaryResponsible for the planning and
delivery of care utilizing nursing processes: assessment,
implementation and evaluation. Oversees the plan of care, utilizes
effective problem solving strategies and applies evidence based
practice. Supports and upholds quality standards of a Magnet
designated hospital and Patient Bill of Rights. Practices under the
supervision of the Nursing Manager/Director.Provides compassionate
family center care for the patients admitted under observation
status in 2 North. Minimum Job Requirements:
- RN licensure within the State of Florida - maintain active and
good standing throughout employment.
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS - maintain active and in
good standing throughout employment.
- American Heart Association (AHA) PALS required within 2 years
of hire - maintain active and in good standing throughout
employment.Qualifications Job Specific Duties:Nursing Care
- Ensures completion of patient admission, history, and
assessment. Accurately prepares and completes discharge planning as
per department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Conducts handoff with oncoming RN utilizing SBAR; documents in
- Plans, implements, and documents the plan of care (i.e. high
risk of fall) in collaboration with other disciplines to assure
safe and efficient care.
- Provides nursing care that includes: IV site monitoring,
suctioning, specimen collection, g- tube care, and assists medical
team with specific procedures.
- Follows physician's orders and administers medication. Adheres
to six rights of medication administration.
- Collaborates and rounds with a multi-disciplinary team in daily
care planning rounds as appropriate and fosters a Family Centered
- Accountable for reporting critical values to the physicians
within 30 minutes and documents a clinician notification in
- Completes all nursing multi-system assessment to include: head
to toe, vitals, dressing changes, applies protective skin barrier,
suction, feeding, bathing and
- Accesses electronic health record independently according to
hospital policy and completes accurate and timely documentation
(within 24 hours) in the patient's electronic health record.
- Communicates and documents critical lab results per hospital
policy and procedures. Patient Family Communication:
- Communicates with patients and families to review plan of care
and solicits input. Communicates any patient and family concerns to
- Educates family on emergency CPR, reflux precaution, plan of
care, skin care, falls prevention, medication administration/side
effects, and purpose of medication.Quality and Safety:
- Promotes an -error free- working environment by consistently
providing high-quality safe care as per hospital policies.
- Responsible for providing a safe environment for co-workers by
placing isolation/precaution signs (droplet, contact, or airborne)
- Responsible for indicating allergies for patients via Cerner
and placing bracelet on patient.
- Creates incident reports for IV infiltrates, near misses,
malfunction of machine on patients, and/or falls, documenting the
- Maintains accountability by ensuring compliance thru timely
completion of licensures, certifications, all competencies, health
requirements (PPD, N95, Flu, etc.), and education
- Maintains accountability and timekeeping expectations as
outlined by MCHS Timekeeping and Attendance policy and procedures.
Ensures behavior is compliant with communication standards.
- Ensures behavior meets and/or exceeds targeted service scores
as measured by the Service Index and/or the internal departmental
- BSN degree or currently enrolled in a BSN degree program.
- Career Development: National certification Certified Pediatric
Nurse (CPN) preferably within 2 - 5 years of hire.
- 1 year RN experience in a medical surgical environment for
- Previous experience with diverse cultures' and belief systems
around health issues is preferred.
- Possess proficiency in computers and Electronic Health Record
- Analyzes and interprets data; utilizes information to make
decisions regarding patient care.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with procedures training process for specialties:
urinary cauterizations, suctioning.
- Leadership experience preferred (will take on rotating charge
nurse duties after a year).
- Works effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to apply principles of evidence-based practice,
analytical thinking, and service excellence in practice.
- Able to float to various nursing units while maintaining the
delivery of clinical excellence and high quality service.
- Possesses a passion for learning.(EOE DFW)7/22/17Job:Nursing -
ClinicalPrimary Location:Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital
- Main Hospital CampusDepartment:2 NORTH-2100-620000Job Status:Part
Time with Benefits
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Fort Lauderdale , RN- Medical Surgical /Observation (Part Time, Night shift), Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!