Company: Catholic Health Services
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Description: Summary & ObjectiveThe Manager, Nurse is a
registered nurse professional who is responsible for overseeing the
clinical aspect of nursing care on the assigned area to ensure that
the delivery of care meets the department's professional as well as
regulatory standards. The Nurse Manager has 24/7 responsibility of
his/her specific unit.Essential Functions
- Plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates delivery of
patient and/or resident care and services.
- Responsible to complete appropriate daily nursing assignments
to ensure patient and/or resident care is met.
- Supervises staff (licensed and non-licensed) in the assessment,
planning, implementation and evaluation of care.
- Completes employee evaluations on a timely basis. Accurately
and objectively assesses performance.
- Keeps members of the interdisciplinary team informed of changes
in resident status.
- Ensures compliance of standard of nursing care on assigned
shift by assisting licensed staff in planning, controlling and
evaluating nursing care during the shift.
- Assumes responsibility for direct care to patient and/or
resident as necessary.
- Answers call lights within appropriate established
timeframe*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
the position.Other Duties
- Participates in controlling the nursing department budget by
checking on a daily basis the FTE's based on census, ensures
personnel is correct for the following shift.
- Assists in promoting a work environment that helps staff
identify growth and learning needs to acquire new knowledge and
develop clinical practice skills.
- Ensures staff compliance in attendance at mandatory education
and in-service programs
- Maintain your required certifications and mandatory skill
- Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and
- Floats to other units as assigned to meet patient and/or
resident care needs.
- Perform other duties as assignedSupervisory Responsibility
- May serve as an interim department leader depending on
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull
up to 250+ pounds, walk, climb stair or ladders, stand on feet for
extended periods of time, etc.DisclaimerThe job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other
duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time.EEOC StatementCHS provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.PM19.
Requirements: Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Current Registered Nurse license to practice in the state of
- CPR certification
- 3 years of experience in a Health Care Facility
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- BSN preferred
- Must have knowledge of computer office/clinical software
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: Catholic Health Services, Fort Lauderdale , MANAGER, NURSE, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!