Registered Nurse (RN) Vascular Imaging
Company: Westside Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: April 4, 2021
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN)
Full-Time Days FTE 0.9
Westside Regional Medical Center
We're always on the move. You will find it is an exciting time at
Westside Regional Medical Center, a 250-bed medical center and
healthcare complex. Westside Regional offers the community the
latest in the minimally invasive spine and colorectal surgery and
is one of only nine Joint Commission-certified centers in the
United States for minimally invasive colorectal surgery. Not only
are we certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Agency for
Health Care Administration (ACHA), but also certified as a
Thrombectomy Capable Center by the Joint Commission. We are a
teaching and research facility, offering Graduate Medical Education
(GME) programs in podiatry, surgery, and internal medicine. Since
our founding in 1974, we have been committed to expanding and
improving every facet of the organization, devoting significant
time and resources to enhancing the facility, staff, and medical
At Westside, we care like family! We invite you to explore
opportunities with a family-oriented team of more than 1,200
professionals, along with almost 750 physicians that thrive in a
fast-paced but friendly work environment. At Westside Regional
Medical Center, our medical services combined with compassionate
care, illustrate why we are one of the leading healthcare
facilities in South Florida.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they
need. At Westside Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of
medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on
perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and
your family's needs. Some of the unique benefits we offer
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)* *If applicable, please
refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit
applies to your position.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides safe and effective nursing care
to all patients utilizing the nursing process. The Registered Nurse
is also responsible for the direction and supervision of assigned
personnel delivering patient care. As a Registered Nurse (RN) in
Vascular Imaging, some of your primary task and responsibilities
will be to:
- Assist the physician in practicing Invasive Coronary
- Provide quality nursing care on a continuous basis.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Cardiac Intensive Care
- Documentation of hemodynamics before and after medications
- Wear the radiation monitoring badge at the thyroid level at all
times during procedures.
- Adhere to the Personal Protective Equipment/Standard
Precautions policies by wearing a lead apron and thyroid collar
when working in the procedure room.
- Administer medications at the correct rate and dosage under the
direct supervision of the physician.
- Apply firm, steady pressure on access sites until the clotting
process is complete, at least 15 minutes.
- Communicate with patients throughout the procedure in order to
evaluate their status and to maintain a level of relaxation.
- Document each medication is given during the procedure.
- Ensure that report is given to Nursing Unit upon patient's
- Ensure that the Nursing Unit is given 20 minutes to get
patients prepared for the procedure on a constant basis.
- Ensure that the patient is delivered to the department 20
minutes prior to each procedure.
- Ensure that the patient's comfort and dignity are
- Ensure that the patient's safety is maintained at all times
according to the hospital policy on Risk Management, Infection
Control, and Safety Management.
- Flushes, balances, and calibrated transducers for each
procedure by the scheduled "Doctor Ready" time.
- Give each patient complete post-procedure instructions and
receives a return demonstration from the patient to acknowledge
- Has the patient "Doctor Ready" at the scheduled time
- Inform the Registered Nurse and/or physician of any abnormal
laboratory results immediately.
- Label intravenous lines properly with date, time, medication,
- Maintain a patent intravenous access line.
- Maintain strict sterile technique.
- Maintain the area fully stocked and in an orderly fashion.
- Notify the physician immediately of any difficulty while
- Prepare equipment and medications in advance of every
- Prepare the patient's skin properly in order to achieve clear,
legible EKG monitoring.
- Properly labels indwelling lines and apply a sterile, secure
dressing for each patient.
- Retrieve any piece of equipment immediately upon request of the
physician and/or team.
- Transport patient back to Nursing Unit according to hospital
- Verify that each patient's chart is complete with the following
items immediately upon arriving at the department for a
- PT, PTT, CBC and SMA-7 within 14 days.
- EKG and Chest X-Ray within 3 months.
- Informed consent signed.
- Ensure that all charges for the case are submitted at the end
of the procedure
- Ensure that film is transferred to PACS once the procedure is
finished and that case is completed in PACS Apply Today!
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized
Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements,
including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Associate (2 years) Degree required (ASN) required
- Bachelor (4 years) Degree preferred (BSN) preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience in Critical Care
- One year experience in ICU, Interventional Radiology, or
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory required . Notice
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: intensive, intensive care, intensive care unit,
maternal, mhb, psychatric, registed, registered nurse, staff nurse,
Keywords: Westside Regional Medical Center, Fort Lauderdale , Registered Nurse (RN) Vascular Imaging, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!