Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical PRN
Company: Plantation General Hospital
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: February 19, 2021
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse (RN)
PRN FTE 0.001
Plantation General Hospital
Plantation General Hospital, a 264-bed acute care hospital, has
served Plantation and Central Broward County since 1966.
Conveniently are located within minutes of the Florida Turnpike,
between I-595 and I-95, we are known for our family friendly
atmosphere and for delivering the very best care to our patients
and the communities we serve. Plantation General is a Joint
Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and an American College
of Surgeons COC Comprehensive Community Cancer Program . With an
intense focus in Women and Children's Services, we have received
Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award---, and
offer private postpartum, quality high risk OB care and a Level III
NICU. Our other specialties include bariatric, behavioral
healthcare, Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult and Pediatric ER,
and minimally invasive robotic assisted surgery.
We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities and how
you can join our dedicated family of healthcare professionals.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the direct and indirect
total nursing care of their assigned patients. They are also
responsible for the supervision of assigned personnel. The position
requires intimate knowledge of both department and hospital
policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of nursing care.
Interpretive skills, frequent interactive and consultative
associations, along with management and supervisory skills are
inherent in the position. As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Medical
Surgical Unit, some of your responsibilities will be to:
- Perform assessment of patient's physical, emotional,
age/population specific conditions, needs, and care in a timely and
accurate fashion using acceptable nursing processes under the
license of a Registered Nurse.
- Complete thorough, accurate and complete documentation for
history, data collections, interventions, and other required care
in the license practical nurse's scope of practice.
- Follow and performs all medication administration
- Develop accurate, thorough, pertinent and revised patient
specific care plans.
- Use error-free critical thinking during all aspects of patient
- Seek out resources to eliminate potential errors including but
not limited to physicians, co-workers, charge nurses, management,
inter/intra disciplinary teams, and available web based
- Follow the chain of command.
- Provide Standard of Care per established Plantation General
Hospital policy and procedures and unit specific competencies.
- Cardiac Monitoring- Review, Read, and Document Cardiac
- Update white boards during bedside report at the change of
shift and PRN
- Keep POU room clean and scans all barcoded items.
- Utilize I-Trace system when giving report and making rounds.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized
Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements,
including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life
Support Course (PALS) and certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally
and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- One year of Acute Care Nursing experience preferred.
- Two (2) year Associate Degree (ASN).
- Four (4) year Bachelor Degree (BSN) preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of clinical experience required.
- Completed Basic Arrhythmia Course preferred.Notice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Keywords: Plantation General Hospital, Fort Lauderdale , Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Surgical PRN, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!