Lab Technologist-Evening Shift
Company: Holy Cross Hospital
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: September 12, 2020
Holy Cross Hospital in Fort Lauderdale, Florida is a full-service,
non-profit Catholic hospital, operating in the spirit of the
Sisters of Mercy and a part of Trinity Health.
This is a Modified Full-time position working 32 hours a week on
the evening shift.
Experience required in all areas of the Lab.
* Care provided is appropriate to the age of the patients served,
as defined in the scope of
service for the associate's area of practice, to include: Neonatal
(Birth-4 weeks), Infant
(4 weeks-1 year), Toddler (1-3 years), Pre-School (3-6 years),
School Age (6-12 years),
Adolescent (12-18 years), Early Adulthood (19-45 years), Middle
Adulthood (46-60 years),
Later Adulthood (Over 61 years).
* Demonstrates the ability to obtain information and interpret
information in terms of the
* Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of growth and development.
Performs technical procedures in assigned department.
documents and attempts to eliminate technical problems and
organizes work to achieve
accurate reproducible results in minimum time.
* Demonstrates competent technical abilities in all assigned
* Maintains neat, legible and organized written records with
minimal clerical/data entry
errors, including errors of omission.
* Recognizes problems (to include technical, instrumental, and
testing, records problem, discusses problem and solution with
* Accurately assesses the workload throughout the shift to assure
time is properly spent on
the highest priority procedures and is able to shift priorities if
work flow changes.
* Maintains a clean, organized work area. Accurately assesses
supply inventory levels and
acts to assure that adequate short term and long term needs will be
* Special projects (QA studies, procedures updates, etc.) are
completed within the agreed
upon time period and are done as instructed, requiring minimal
* Effectively supervises routine operation of others as requested
by the supervisor.
* Demonstrates good judgement in handling situations not covered by
written or verbal
* Utilizes all appropriate computer functions (both HIS and LIS
Systems) in an optimal
fashion. Actively seeks to be informed regarding computer
* Technologist with AA/AS works in more than one clinical area
Blood Bank, Hematology) at least on shift per month.
* May assume charge duties of the department.
Maintains knowledge of the quality control and proficiency
programs. Detects and reacts to out-of-range controls and equipment
Documents all corrective action to ensure accurate and reproducible
* Prepares and uses proper controls and/or standards for all tests
performed. Records data
and follows specified guidelines dealing with course of action for
out of range results.
* Correlates data (clerical or technical) and monitors test results
Detects discrepancies and takes appropriate action.
* Performs and documents scheduled and unscheduled equipment
maintenance within expected
* Recognizes and troubleshoots most equipment malfunctions without
control/patient results and equipment performance as a guide.Job
Description Details:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS* Bachelors degree in one
of the biologic, chemical or physical sciences.
* Minimum of three years experience as a Medical Technologist.
* National certification preferred i.e. ASCP, HEW, NCA, ASMT, AAB
or equivalent.LICENSURE* Must be a licensed Medical Technologist in
more than one Clinical area by the state of Florida.
* If working night shift must be licensed in all
areas.smartclickTrinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity. Associated topics:
assay, internship, lab support, laboratory tech, laboratory
technologist, qc, research, routine care, sample collection,
Keywords: Holy Cross Hospital, Fort Lauderdale , Lab Technologist-Evening Shift, Healthcare , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!