Director, Internal Controls
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Director, Internal Controls
Miami, United States of America
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
This position can sit in our Miami or Dallas location.
The primary function of the Director, Internal Controls is to
provide leadership to the Internal Controls team including
monitoring and oversight of the co-source provider, to assist in
the design and implementation of the strategy, and lead the
execution monitors and oversees the co-source provider and lead the
execution of the risk-based Internal Controls Plan in high
complexity or multiple areas under its responsibility. The Director
must ensure the Internal Controls program is executed in a timely
manner, ensuring all Internal Controls quality and adequate
communication with all key stakeholders.
- Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of the
business and multiple disciplines
- Assists in designing and executing the strategy for the
Internal Controls function via delivery of independent
- Coordinates control reliance activities with external auditors
and actively seeks opportunities in increase reliance.
- Provides leadership to the Internal Controls teams and directs
the Internal Controls program in the areas under its
- Reviews industry standards and regulatory rules and
expectations to ensure they are incorporated into Internal Controls
procedures and properly covered by the Internal Controls team.
- Manages team professionals including oversight of the co-source
provider. Attracts, develops and retains talent with required
expertise to meet the risk-profile of the business, and build deep
- Assists in the risk assessment exercise at the parent company
or subsidiary legal entity with requirements under FIDICIA and in
the development of the Internal Control plan to be presented to the
relevant Disclosure and Audit Committees
- Builds and maintains key client relationships across multiple
areas; is a trusted adviser to clients in enhancing the control
- Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and
recognized as a leadership role-model.
- Performs detailed reviews of findings, recommendations, and
ratings, prior to submission to the Sr. Director.
- Ensures subsidiary internal Controls reviews and activities are
completed within the budgeted timeframe and staffing model.
- Ensures high-quality, error free and timely Internal Controls
reports, recommendations and ratings.
- Ensures timely completion of the approved Internal Controls
- Participates in the completion of Internal Controls staff
performance appraisals, promotion recommendations, terminations,
and professional development.
- Implements best practices and procedures and analyzes the
Internal Controls program to improve the effectiveness and
efficiency of the department.
- Attends professional training provided by the company.
- Provides consistent quality service to both internal and
external stakeholders that meets the company's standards
- Assists the Internal Controls Manager, where applicable, in
presenting, discussing, and agreeing Internal Controls results and
recommendations with business management.To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Work experience: 9+ years or Public Accounting, Audit or
Internal Controls experience. Additional relevant experience will
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Technology and computer skills, with the ability to effectively
use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Detail oriented with organizational skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to
effectively communicate with senior and executive management.
- Time management skills and the ability to complete multiple
projects simultaneously and in a timely manner.
- Ability to positively and comfortably handle and prioritize
multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with focused attention
- Solid diplomatic skills with the ability to resolve conflict in
a civil manner.
- Great leadership skills and teamwork skills.
- Progressive decision-making skills, making educated and timely
- Ability to investigate, resolve, or assess unexpected
situations and provide thoughtful analysis and feedback
- Ability to translate a strategic view into an appropriate
- Universe/Risk Assessment and Internal Controls Plan that
- efforts appropriately.
- Ability to lead and inspire teams.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to provide strategic
direction to the team.
- Advanced ability to make presentations, including to Internal
Controls Committee, effectively and clearly.At Santander, we value
and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the
diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
This job description does not list all of the job duties of the
job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform
other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your
performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The
employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either
you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Bachelor of Science (BS) English
Primary Location: Dallas, TX, Dallas
Other Locations: Florida-Miami,Texas-Dallas
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Fort Lauderdale , Director, Internal Controls, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...