Manager/Director of Software Engineering
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Role:Manager/Director of Software Engineering
Location:Hybrid - Weston, Florida
Compensation:$175K+ Depending on Experience
Job Type: Full Time/Perm
General Position Description:
The Manager/Director of Software Engineering will supervise the
engineering team and technical strategy for our SaaS platform and
the related applications covering multiple domains and
This is a full-time role, the ideal candidate will report to our
CTO. We are actively searching for somebody with a strong software
engineering background and a successful history of managing
developers and projects.
Who We Want
- Independent thinkers and self starters.
- Someone who enjoys solving complex problems and is able to
think on their feet.
- A dedicated team member who thrives in a fast-paced environment
and will stop at nothing to ensure projects are completed on time
and meet expectations.
- A highly collaborative individual. Someone who builds and
leverages cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas,
information and use cases, and to develop the best
- Be willing and able to roll up your sleeves and lead by
- Define and enforce coding standards and development and
deployment methodologies and processes including team
- In conjunction with the DevOps team, monitor and ensure
platform stability across multiple production and non-production
- Develop, monitor and report on engineering KPIs as related to
team and individual performance.
- Rapidly gain a deep understanding of the current ecosystem,
including system integrations, business rules, and operational
- Lead, guide, support and manage a team of software engineers of
various experience levels to build state-of-the-art components and
features while ensuring adherence to development best practices,
CI/CD, and automation.
- Establish strong partnerships with product owners, and gain a
deep understanding of the different types of end-users and their
- Maintain top delivery standards by building robust, secure, and
quality software that meets the needs of the business.
- Manage release schedules for both production patches and
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and support to the
- Work with our Customer Service team to troubleshoot and resolve
- Recruit, interview, hire and train top talent and build a high
performing team of engineers focused on continuous improvement.
Perform evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication
and recommend discipline and/or termination when
- Develop a collaborative and dynamic team operating agreement to
reflect objectives and responsibilities of team members based on
- BS in engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years of previous software engineering management
experience, with a minimum of 5 direct reports.
- Hands on experience designing, developing and architecting
complex backend systems.
- Strong technical credentials, preferably with previous hands-on
architectural or distributed systems development in a LAMP
- Experience in delivering testable, high-quality software with
- Familiarity with reservation systems and / or travel industry
booking systems is desired.
- At least 5 years of experience in Agile software development,
including SCRUM, Kanban, Scrumban, etc.
- Experience with complex digital transformations.
- A blend of experienceincluding at least some of the following
- Experience in LAMP stack development and related frameworks.
Experience with the Symfony framework and / or Laravel is a
- Experience with Angular (preferred) and / or React including
experience with SPAs and associated frameworks.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS.
- Experience with TDD and / or BDD is a must.
Our Current Stack and Tools
- AWS and its various services
- JIRA / Bitbucket (git)
Compensation and Benefits
- Base salary is commensurate with work experience.
- 10 paid vacation days
- 5 paid sick days
- 1 day off for your birthday (actual birthday)
- 6 paid holidays
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc. as well
as a Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
Apply now or share with a friend. We love to share $500 candidate
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are
encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."
Keywords: SherlockTalent, Fort Lauderdale , Manager/Director of Software Engineering, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...