Insurance Claims Manager
Company: Ultimate Staffing Services
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Ultimate Staffing is seeking for a Claims Manager for one of our
top construction clients in Fort Lauderdale. This person will
direct and oversee the operations of insurance claims to meet
operation, financial and service requirements. This position
requires and emphasizes construction defect experience. This person
will work with multiple internal departments, adjusters and
internal and external counsels to assist with all claims including
workers compensation, general liability, and property claims. If
you are interested in applying for this position, please email your
resume to email@example.com or call our branch at
954-489-7474.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and manage all property and liability claims for the
company's lines of coverage, including general liability, excess
liability, contractor's equipment, pollution, professional,
property, employment practices, directors and officers, crime,
automobile, builders' risk, and each of these coverages as may be
in any wrap-up program.
- Manage and guide the Risk Management Claims team- Claims for
handling certain types of liability claims and provide leadership
and development support for the person in that role.
- Review incident reports and determines action plan, engaging
others as needed.
- Initiate preliminary investigations with project teams on all
reported losses and personally inspect losses as needed.
- Manage and coordinate any insurance brokers' or insurance
adjuster claims services and report status to the department head
and others as needed.
- Manage, coordinate, and distribute all claims information,
documentation, and communication to all responsible parties
regularly and with a consistent cadence.
- Immediately attempt to clarify any potential or actual coverage
disputes with direct contact with the insurer, broker, and
coverage/defense counsel intervention
- Travel as needed for claims meetings/investigations,
mediations, claim reviews with division personnel and claim
meetings with clients.
- Ensure losses are tendered to insurers and third parties
whenever possible, including active management and pursuit of
subrogation on paid losses.
- Monthly/quarterly reporting of claims to management and other
internal groups as directed.
- Review and follow up on all claims files and ensure current and
accurate claim information is entered into the internal
- Update management and division personnel on new and pertinent
legislation or case law
- Recommend and draft internal claim procedure changes and
provide regular claims management training to division and
- Serve as a technical resource (both internal and external) with
respect any claim activities for clients.
- Develop Special Account Instructions to be used in the handling
of claims with carrier/TPA partners.
- Provide Emergency Claims Response on an as needed basis.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with
carriers, claims adjusters and attorneys.
- Participate as requested in developing and executing claims
goals and initiatives.
- Experience with claims in the states of VA and TX a
plusEDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Management and leadership skills experience required.
- Ability to provide solutions and guidance to the team.
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- 5 - 10 years of Property and Casualty claims experience
- Strong working knowledge of construction defects required.
- Strong working knowledge of policy language and coverage
(multiple lines of coverage a plus)
- Strong organizational skills
- Management experience
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working
Keywords: Ultimate Staffing Services, Fort Lauderdale , Insurance Claims Manager, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...