Senior Technical Infrastructure Project Manager
Company: Kaplan North America, LLC
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Job Title Senior Technical Infrastructure Project ManagerJob
DescriptionFor more than 80 years, Kaplan has been a trailblazer in
education and professional advancement. We are a global company at
the intersection of education and technology, focused on
collaboration, innovation, and creativity to deliver a
best-in-class educational experience and make Kaplan a great place
to work.The future of education is here and we are eager to work
alongside those who want to make a positive impact and inspire
change in the world around them.Primary Responsibilities:
- Work as a member of the IT PMO, interfacing with the business
(including executives) to identify opportunities to save money and
improve efficiencies through technology.
- Manage various major and small projects concurrently, including
but not limited to enterprise IT operations, infrastructure
build-outs, application implementations, upgrades and maintenance,
system process development, and documentation. Some projects may
not be technical in nature.
- Assist in driving change in the management process by
communicating regularly with clients and internal IT resources and
by contributing ideas for process and operational improvements.
opportunities to save money and improve efficiencies through
- Gather and define business and functional requirements from the
- Analyze current system and process gaps in the context of new
business and function.
- Conduct business assessment activities
- Perform high-level estimates and scoping
- Conduct risk analysis, and apply quality techniques to ensure
projects are on schedule, on budget, and scope requirements have
- Establish plans, resource requirements, and scheduling of
projects as well as track actual results against a baseline
- Prepare regular status reports communicating to executive-level
staff, key project stakeholders, and team members
- Maintain regular communications with business unit clients and
internal technical staff
- Manage off-hour production releases with internal development
staff, technical operations team, and business stakeholders.
- Write or maintain documentation of client-based technologies,
workflow, and other operational processes.Other Responsibilities:
- Part of every job at Kaplan is a challenge to continually seek
out ways to improve our business. This means that in addition to
his/her primary responsibilities, the Project Manager should also
research ways of improving our project management processes.
- For junior staff members, provide guidance as needed.
- Finally, in addition to the responsibilities listed above, the
Project Manager is expected to take any additional assignments, as
warranted, that may transcend the scope of the primary
responsibilities that are described above.Position Requirements:
- Solid knowledge and experience in formal project management,
including risk analysis and client management. MBA is a plus. PMP
certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of project management experience.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Project, Visio, and other tools as
may be required.
- The person will ensure the functional needs of business
partners are met based on business requirements and ensure all
system support conforms to business needs and specifications.
- Issue management/resolution skills are critical as a key area
of responsibility in this position. Must be able to deal with
cross-functional/organizational personnel to drive issue
resolution; we are a matrix organization.
- Solid client liaison /management skills, verbal and written, as
a good portion of time in this position will be spent developing
and maintaining working relationships with client personnel and
interacting and coordinating technical operations with various
internal business units.
- Strong general technical background in multiple areas of
technology to facilitate technical project management.
- Candidate should have experience managing projects encompassing
all major components of technology infrastructure including
servers, firewalls, routers, bridges, load balancers, and .net as
well as a good understanding of software architecture, including
database functions and report writing. Deep technical knowledge in
these areas is a major plus.
- Experience in enterprise system implementations like
SalesForce, CRM and ERP, and data center.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to
create detailed project documentation and occasionally end-user or
- Occasional travel may be required; not expected to exceed
- Willingness to work beyond a 40-hour week as neededWe offer a
competitive benefits package including:Remote work providing
flexible work/life balanceComprehensive Retirement Package
including 401K company match and two pension programsOur Gift of
Knowledge Program provides tuition assistance and substantial
discounts for our employees and close family membersCompetitive
health benefits and new hire eligibility starts day-1 of
employmentGenerous Paid Time Off includes paid holidays, vacation,
personal, sick paid time-off, plus one (1) volunteer day and one
(1) diversity and inclusion day to participate and give back to our
local communitiesAnd so much more!#LI-Remote#LI-IS1This position is
a Salary Grade BLocationRemote/Nationwide, USAAdditional Locations
Employee TypeEmployeeJob Functional Area Business Analysis/Project
ManagementBusiness Unit00091 Kaplan Higher EDKaplan is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All positions with Kaplan are paid at least
$15 per hour or$31,200 per year for full-time positions.
Compensation for specific positions are based on job level, skills,
years of experience, and education, among other factors.
Additionally, certain positions are bonus or commission eligible.
Information regarding benefits can be found .Diversity & Inclusion
Statement:Diversity inspires innovation and growth in the Kaplan
community. Kaplan strives to be a model employer for inclusiveness.
Not only does Kaplan value its employees for their professionalism
and skills, but also for the unique viewpoints they bring to the
Organization. Kaplan's employees bring diverse perspectives, ideas,
and backgrounds that give Kaplan a competitive edge in anticipating
and exceeding our students' needs in today's global market. Learn
more about our .
Keywords: Kaplan North America, LLC, Fort Lauderdale , Senior Technical Infrastructure Project Manager, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!