Accounting Manager - Multifamily
Company: NEW ADC LLC
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Reports To: AMC Controller Supervises: AMC AP
SpecialistsINTRODUCTION:The purpose of this position description is
to communicate many of the responsibilities and duties associated
with the position of Accounting Manager. While the information is
comprehensive, it is noted that some of the responsibilities and
duties may not be addressed. Altman Management Company operates
with a Team Approach and fully expects every person to perform any
reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling
company goals and objectives. As it is the Company's philosophy to
promote from within whenever possible, it is recommended each
associate familiarize themselves with the duties and
responsibilities of those positions directly above and around their
own. This position description does not constitute an employment
contract between Altman Management Company and any
associate.QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Education: Bachelor's degree in
Accounting or Business Administration preferred. 2. Experience
- Five or more years hands-on accounting - specific to
multi-family properties with experience handling different
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and
GAAP financial reporting experience.
- Five+ years' experience including General Ledger, Accounts
Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Financial statement preparation and review experience
- Audit Coordination
- Financial analysis
- Cash Management
- HUD, State Agency Government Compliance Preferred 3. Skills
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting software, Yardi and Entrata.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Intermediate level Excel proficiency required. 4. Personal
- Professional demeanor and good presence.
- Earns the respect of associates and clients through
communication, independence, and confidence in job knowledge.
- Strong customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, high-energy personality. Works well with
- Good negotiator.
- Maintains calm, even disposition, even under stress.
- Able to work well with varied personalities.
- Must be an excellent planner, well organized and
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and inquisitive
- Must have the ability to get things done. 5. Licenses: A valid
driver's license and current automobile insurance.ESSENTIAL JOB
FUNCTIONS:Attendance:1. The position requires working Monday
through Friday, with the ability to work beyond the scheduled work
hours when deadlines or workload dictate.Equipment:1. Position
requires the ability to use a computer. Data entry and data
evaluation are some of the examples of work required.2. Position
requires the ability to answer telephones to provide support and
clearly respond to inquiries and produce messages.3. Position
requires the ability to use general office equipment including but
not limited to computers, calculators, copy machines, fax machines,
and binding machines.Job Duties
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal controls and
guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Assist with reviewing monthly financial statements.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures
that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting
principles or financial reporting standards.
- Onboarding new acquisitions and closing out dispositions.
- Full accounting cycle on new acquisition or assigned
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Ability to respond to Yardi or Entrata Help Desk tickets
related to accounting functions
- Training and assisting property managers as required to ensure
compliance with Altman standardsSupervisory Responsibilities:
- Manages the AP Specialist staff who are responsible for all
coding, invoicing, stuffing, and mailing of payables.
- Assist in recruits and hires of AP Staff, conducts performance
- Manages time sheets and PTO for ap staff.
- Coordinates training programs for new ap staff and identifies
training needs for current staff.
Keywords: NEW ADC LLC, Fort Lauderdale , Accounting Manager - Multifamily, Executive , Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!